PSU problem ... help needed

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by zulfiqar malik, Oct 12, 2005.

1. zulfiqar malik

zulfiqar malik Geek Trainee

Hi, I have (had :( ) an Enermax EG365P-VE PSU, but it burned out this weekend. A friend of mine does repair work for electronic items but he says that the zener diode is totally burnt and he cannot see the voltage rating. I have tried searching online, but to no avail, can someone please tell me the rating of zener diode on the aforementioned PSU?

Buying a new PSU is not an option as branded PSUs are not available in local market and i don't want to buy crappy locally assembeled PSUs.

Thanks in advance.

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

If it's still under warranty, i'd recommend returning it as Enermax will fix or replace it! The diodes are usually 6V, but i'm not 100% positive on this one!

3. zulfiqar malik

Thanks for the reply ... but i really can't replace it since i am here in Pakistan and i bought it via friend who was coming back from USA. I don't even have the warranty slip with me. My friend tried a 12V diode but that one didn't work.

I think the diode should be of common rating amongst most (if not all) branded PSUs. Can someone tell me the rating of his/her antec (or some other) supply?

A link to a circuit diagram or a component list would do as well.

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Circuit Diagram

This is the best i can do!
    It's a general ATX power specification diagram!

5. zulfiqar malik

Thanks a lot pelvis ... i will give this to my friend ... anyone else ?