Question about - pfn_list.corrupt

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by efx2003, Jan 18, 2005.

1. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

Can somebody tell me what "pfn_list.corrupt" means. When I recevied the blue screen that is what was on there. Could that be a memory problem or a driver problem. If you know please help.

running winxp sp2
    Thank You

Nic likes this.
  2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Off-hand, that doesn't sound familiar. Are you able to catch the following string of codes, something like 0x00000A (for example).

edit: yeah, it seems to have something to do with memory, but just what the solution(s) are, I'm not quite sure. I'd google that and look, not to mention hit up Microsofts website. I don't know if it's because you've got more memory than your version of Windows is made to handle or what.

3. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

I have a dell 2300 computer. I have two different brands of memory both are at the same speed pc2700.

pc2700 512mb - kingston

pc2700 128mb - came with the computer

Could this be the problem. Please reply back

Thank You

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Not sure. The best way would be to test each stick individually in the system, and also run [google]Memtest 86[/google].

5. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

Ok I will do that. Thanks for the help

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

As BigB suggested download and run MemTest86, you can find it in the Download Zone.

I have come across this problem myself before with a work computer, the memory was faulty. I ran MemTest86 for 24 hours and received 1013 errors on one stick of memory, removed and replaced the memory, and there are no problems. (obviously if you have another piece of memory you do not have to replace it)

However i have heard of people replacing their memory after having the same problem, and not being able to boot past the Windows XP screen, and receiving: "Special_pool_detected_memory_corruption". If you get replacement memory, try it in another computer first, to make sure it works, then try it in your system, if it doesnt work in your system it would suggest that you have a faulty Dimm slot (Dimm slot is the slot where your memory sits).

Hope this helps.

-PX

7. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

Thanks for help