quick question?????

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by DwnSthGaBoyz, Mar 31, 2004.

1. DwnSthGaBoyz

DwnSthGaBoyz Geek Trainee

Is it possible for me to burn a dvd off of the cdrw using a dvd or can I only use a cdrw disk?thx

2. DwnSthGaBoyz

oh yeah, and what program would you reccomend, im running nero express but ive heard that theres alot better quality programs for download?

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You have to have a DVD burner to burn DVD's.

However, as far as programs go, the full version of Nero Burning ROM is much better than Nero Express. I've found NE to crash often.

4. DwnSthGaBoyz

yeah, thats true but ive downloaded many a error fixes and its coo now but im going to switch to full nero once a get a dvd burner i suppose, is a good place to find one www.tigerdirect.com ? I know they have sweet deals...

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Try Newegg. They have great prices, and are very professional. I've been jerked around by TigerDirect too many times, so they lost my business.

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

i heard you can burn a dvd from a cd drive but it wont burn to its full capacity due to the lack of layers that can be read by a cd drive

7. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

but...how...????...i have no idea

8. FishyWishy

FishyWishy Geek Trainee

its impossible as far as i know, if your talking about copying movies there are differnt ways of ripping and encoding, u can rip a dvd movie and encode it as a VCD or SVCD to play on a DVD player, this however is only to be used for backup purposes as long as you own the original copy, or its illegal.

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup. You basically have to copy the DVD over, re-encode it into a smaller size and then burn it.

10. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

B hit the nail squarely on the head. Here's another related thread for reference.

11. DwnSthGaBoyz

well, im going to check out the new egg site. ive been pretty succesful as far as making tv shows onto the cdrw disk but they only play on computers because i dont think that dvd's can read them, i just kinda figured if i could split a movie enough times then i could put it onto cdrw disk's, ill wait till the dual layered dvdrw's come out and the 16xrw dvd comes out