Radeon 3970 X2 pictured

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Swansen, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Fudzilla

Each of the graphics cores has its own memory controller, and each has its own CrossFire bridge. The cards are expected to be released in January. As well each graphics card is to draw 200+w, which is an extreme amount, but i guess what can you expect of two 3870 cores.

----edit-----
    I did just realize that i mislabeled the title, it should have been 3870, as there is no 3970.

2. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

Wow very nice! Is that inquirer or is it true?

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

lol, i know that those cards are in production, but i don't know if that is what the card actually looks like. However, drawing from those pictures i would say they are real, or the actual card should look something like that.

4. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

I might convert my GPU to a CF, just hope it's not another X2900XTX...

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, regarding those 2900's you have to get the model with the 1gb memory, which actually clock better than the 8800GTX did. Its just know one knew about that model as they had the same name, and ATI didn't market it right, there was a discussion about in in the general chat if your curious. Anyways, i honestly think this might be something more like the 7950 GX2's were, not marketed very highly, and had weird performance. But who knows, dual GPUs (in whatever form) are becoming the norm for high end gaming these days.