Recepies of Necessity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Anti-Trend, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Um, yeah, but Coke is salty anyway (see "Sodium" on the list of ingredients, it's pretty high up there). One of the many reasons I prefer iced tea to soda. :)

2. do50

do50 Big Geek

Cheap easy and portable is asking a lot.
    A quart of milk has gotta be #1. [If stores have refrigeration] Requires no cooking, no utensils, and it's REAL food... protien, vitamins, minerals. Buy it and drink it. If that's too pricey... powdered milk mixed with coco, sugar, and water isn't too bad.

Peanut butter on ANYTHING works... on the usual bread or crackers, but also on fruit or vegetable slices... even eating it from a spoon works if nothing else is handy. Needs no refrigeration or power to make it edible. Again, it's REAL food... protien and all that.

Easy and portable:
    Cheese whiz on cookies is good emergency food... needs no refrigeration. Protien, carbs, fat.

Not portable, but cheap:
    Oatmeal (the kind you cook for a few minutes) Gotta be able to cook though.

Popcorn (assuming it's the non-microwave type), warm, salty, and filling, but requires electricity.

3. Anti-Trend

Good advice! Also it's worth noting that avacados are considered the one perfect food, if you had to choose one, since they contain just about everything one needs to live. Unfortunately, they're a bit on the pricey side, they're seasonal, and they go bad just as quickly as most produce.

4. Fred

Fred Moderator

Umm... does it worry anyone (about the coke) that you're drinking something that can dissolve your food? Just doesn't seem quite right to me. I heard that coca-cola cleans their engines with coke...

5. Addis

Addis The King

That won' make any difference to us really. We have acids in our stomachs stronger than that in coke. Its hydrochloric acid and is the type used in car batteries i think. So adding a bit of phosphoric isn't gonna make much of a difference.

6. Fred

Fred Moderator

Yeah, but what about your teeth n stuff?

7. Anti-Trend

I think it's bad for just about everything :p

8. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Yeah, it will dissolve a good sized mature tooth in 2 weeks.

9. Fred

Fred Moderator

Inspiring!

10. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

My daily meal order exactly the same, every saturday before i play Rugby:

Breakfast:
    Drink: fresh Orange (pint)
    Eat: 3 Pieces of Toast with Butter (non-salted), tones of overly generous portions of real honey on each piece.

Lunch (about 3 hours later):
    Drink: fresh Orange (1/2 pint)
    Eat: Bowl of Tomato Pasta (home made)

Once i get their, about 10 minutes before the start of the match i usually drink Lucozade sport, or even better Lucozade Pure Gel (the equivelant energy in undiluted Gel form of 5 bottles of Lucozade - its like tooth paste but tastes of orange).

Then i can go match sprinting for the full 90 minutes - come off the pitch and im still fine for a good night out :good:

11. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

I though rugby was 80 minutes? Wow must be good if you can sprint for 90 minutes hehe :chk: Do you play league or union rules?

12. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Union - most clubs do.

Rugby matches only last for 80 minutes in the RFU rule book, however you also have to count injury time.. and referee's not watching the clock.

13. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

without meaning to b offensiv do u ppl not think union is a bit 'girly' compared to league.

14. Addis

Addis The King

Rugby? If it contains non homosexual high speed impacts then its not really "girly" is it?

15. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

yeh but in union there is hardly any 'high speed impacts'

16. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Other way round,love. Union is manly game, league is more like American Football sort of game!

17. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

how is Engalnd vs Australia Rugby Union more 'word i cant think of meaning like tougher game' than a Rugby league game between saints and wigan.

18. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

(I'm not tht into rugby so excuse me if i'm wrong,Procal back me up!) Rugby League is teams like Leeds Rhino's where Union is like Wasps. In rugby league if a player is tackled they stand up roll the ball back with foot and carry on. Union has all the rucks and all tht lot. League is softer!

19. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Im sorry me rong. Didn't realise sowwi dnt knwo much about union i only follo league i just posted off what my cousin told me.

20. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Cheese nips+cheetos are good.