S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR specs?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by jsen, Mar 11, 2006.

1. jsen

jsen Geek Trainee

ive been wondering about this card for a long time now and i dont know what quality it is, im thinking its either 16, 32, or maybe 64

i need to know so i can decide what games i can play!!

this isnt that important, but if you know can you tell me? im getting a 128 in the next few months but im getting :swear: because i cant play any new good games!!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's really not meant as a gaming card, and I suspect that anything past Quake 3 is going to be too much for it. Even then, I wouldn't expect you to be able to run a very high resolution.

I'd worry more what graphics chip is in a card than the amount of RAM. That's like comparing horsepower in two different cars: one may be half the weight of the other and won't have that as a hindrance.

3. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

S3 has been behind the likes of nVidia and ATi ever since the introduction of 3D accelaration. Most of their cards are not good enough to play games with. Regards of the size of memory, I don't think you'll be able to play anything from the last 5-6 years

4. jsen

jsen Geek Trainee

well, i know its not good for gaming, i figured out that i can play GTA 3 and vice city with a slight lag

im getting a new card (128m) in the next month or so, i wont have to worry about it

5. Mack

Mack Big Geek

I know that my one of my friends had an integrated prosavage DDR in his SiS mobo and he couldn't play NFS:Hot Pursuit 2. Ever since he changed to an ATi Radeon 9500pro the game works fine.
    So, i guess the GF was the bottle neck,..

6. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Any integrated solutions are going to lack performance. It doesn't matter whether it's S3, Intel or ATi.

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

basically i an onboard Pro Savage, which is disabled and i've got an ATI Radeon 7k in the AGP slot, i hate onboard graphics because you can't remove and reinsert it if it's soldered in, i would reccomend that you got a graphics card (preferably an AGP)