SEARCHING for a chassis!

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Apollo1020, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Apollo1020

Apollo1020 Geek Trainee

Hi everyone... I would appriciate, if you could give me a reply in my previouse post about "best motherboard manufacturer(s)", but, anyway, it's not about it right now...

I'm building a new PC, that I will change/upgrade in 2 years when Windows 7 (64-bit) will come out... and the most important thing for me right now - is finding a good chassis.

I need ATX chassis with 4 slots for optical drives and 2 slots for floppy and card reader... also I need 2 USB 2.0 ports on the front and some other stuff near it.

I was searching the web with Google for some time, but I couldn't find any (any good) sites with good looking chassis. I need a stylish but strict chassis with no transparent window(s), that looks Platinum and costs under $100... black with white/silver lines.

Please, if you know good chassis manufacturers and/or their sites - just give me the links... thanks.

P.S. To simplify your search a bit, take a look on CoolerMaster's RC-332 chassis... I need something like that. Thank you very much.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, CoolerMaster's Centurion 5 is a nice case and does have the features you want. I just put together a system for a client and used this case. It's around $40-50 at most US online shops (plus shipping). TigerDirect Canada has it for $60 (Canadian, about $40 $US) here, but they do ship internationally. Another company that ships internationally is eWiz, and they also have it, but for about $46 in US currency. Neither price accounts for shipping, however.

3. Apollo1020

Apollo1020 Geek Trainee

For my BIG surprise - RC-332 does NOT support audio 5.1! :x: Too bad for me, such a nice chassis... guess I don't really like the rest of the chassises so I might search for other manufacturers.

Got any ideas Big B? Strict, Stilysh and Black with Silver/White lines... Thanks.

4. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

I would say that Antec case are brilliant and well built. For the requirments you need i guess the Antec Sonata III Piano Black is a good choice and its around £70 in UK so i don't know how much it is in U.S don't think its double, it dosen't work like that.

anyways i attached a thumbnail for you to look at

Attached Files:

5. dmbjohn

dmbjohn Geek Trainee

antec and cooler master both make great cases
    I myself have just ordered an RC-690

PS. I did not order it where I posted the link from, they just have good pictures of it and theirs specs are decent also

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

7. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Geek Trainee

the antec nine hundred is a great case. really big 200mm fan up on top for cooling and its really sturdy. i have one and its great, although the fan is a bit loud