server motherboard for 2+ intel p4 processors

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by çeko, Jul 8, 2014.

1. çeko

çeko Geek Trainee

hello guys
    i have in my hands almost everything to build 3 systems that i want to use for one of my purposes
    now my problem is:
    i have 3 intel p4 processors 2 x 3.0 ghz and 1 x 2.8 ghz
    also i have 3 agp graphic cards
    and i wanted to combine most of these in one single case

İs there any server motherboard that supports 2 or more normal p4 processors and more than 1 agp graphics??

and i know that these are old components but if i can realise this they will be used instead off going to bin.
    thnx in advance

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What you are looking for is a Dell Precision 690 Workstation/Server.. I just started building one this week.. It has 2- 3.0 Dual core Cpu's .. It will have 64 gigs of ram with 5 hard drives.. i just bought a case for it last week..
    What you are trying to do will not work..First you will need the Motherboard that will support Two Either dual core Cpu's Or you can run Two Quad core Cpu's.. This is allot of Work..

3. çeko

çeko Geek Trainee

hiim i see :(
    well thnx a lot man :)

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

After the Pentium 3, Intel has physically prohibited multi-processor use in anything except the Xeon's. Additionally, the sockets may vary from desktop units. I believe the Pentium 4-era comparable Xeons used a Socket 603/604 vs. the mPGA 478 socket.

So, basically, if it's not Xeon (or Opteron for AMD), you can't make it work in SMP. If you can, you should probably apply to work at one of those companies.