sig pic

Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by donkey42, May 20, 2007.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i made a sig pic that was 500 X 200 pixels that was 10.2Kb in size, i thought HWFs size limit was 15Kb, what is the problem ?:confused:[ot]HWF said the maximum limit is 10.0Kb when uploading the sig pic:confused: [/ot]

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

check the limits on the upgrade account page! (i cant see the link anymore, as i have lifetime platinum ;))

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

yeah, 50+posts are restricted to 10.0k and 100+posts can have a sig pic of 15k.0

4. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

It might be the pixel size that is causing the problem, try reducing both sides by a couple of pixels, I often find that forums usually add a couple of pixels to the actual values, thus putting it over the limit.

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Yea u r right in this one..When I try to upload an image on Bebo.com for the skin Back Ground it does says that i hv got a big size image but in reality its of exact size they have written..

6. xXSNIPERXx

xXSNIPERXx Geek Trainee

hmm its pretty stingy having to post a certain amount of posts before u can do anything :S

7. edijs

edijs Programmer

I think it's fair.

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well, i didn't invent the rules, i just try to follow them (well, nearly, but at least i try (i don't try hard, but, i do try)[ot]or at least i say i do[/ot]

9. Karanislove

Wateva :p

10. donkey42

donkey42 plank

donkey Karen

11. Karanislove

:doh: watch ur mouth otherwise i will :smash: ur head... or do u just want to leave all this crap and have a :beer: wif me? :D

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Call it what you will, these forums are privately owned. In short, we can run the place how we please. However, we try to design policies to create a positive environment for members, establish what's kosher and not, and shape what topics we allow. Part of our sig limitations is due to excessive signature images. While it may seem unfair, sig infringments tend to happen more with new members. If it's hosted at HWF, we are providing you with the space to host your signature. As already stated, this is a privately owned site, and Sniper is the owner. He pays the bills, and that means he has final say on how he deals out bandwidth.
    We also look at limitations for people that still use or are stuck with dial-up. Do you want a bunch of 300k images on 56k? I sure wouldn't. If you host your own, we allow up to 60k, which is pretty damn generous compared to any site I can think of.

But, basically, it's our site and we'll run it how we wish.

13. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Gotta agree with B here, this site is by far the most generous with avatars and signatures while maintaining some kind of control. I've been on forums where you're allowed NO avatar and only 2 lines of text for a signature, nothing else. Then again I've been to forums where people's signature takes up half a screen length (bearing in mind I run my res at 1280x1024), so I think this place is a nice medium, allowing you enough to show something personal, but not being stupid. And the way I see the post limit is that you can pretty much guarantee that after 50 posts or so a user will know what is acceptable and how the forum works, so would be better off to upload a signature/avatar that's acceptable to the admins, mods and the rest of the community.

14. donkey42

donkey42 plank

B gets his big whip out[ot]quick everybody, run[/ot]