So Logitech make great speakers...

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Battleships, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Battleships

Battleships Geek Trainee

Guys, im struggling to find enough criteria upon which to decide which surround sound speakers to go for. Im not on a budget but i wouldnt be willing to spend more than £150 on the speakers alone, and im a little concerned that if i shell out for more high-end speakers 'i'll end up with a load of features i dont need...

Im a gamer who also intends to use the system for watching movies. Im looking for a system that can stay distortion free up to a high volume, but there are lots of features to these systems which i dont understand and therfore dont know whether or not i will need them

I would be willing to look at models from other manufactures than logitech is someone would recommend them, but it seems like logitech are a pretty safe bet ;) So which speakers would you guys recommend>???

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

3. marlboroman

marlboroman Geek Trainee

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I would listen to the speakers first before buying them. While the Logitech's are nice, you may very well not like the sound produced by them. For me, I've found Creative's speakers to be fine and sound rather well, but I'm not an audiophile and have gotten less picky about sound over the years. Listen to several speakers if you can. I've heard one guy that loves Altec Lansing speakers, but I think they're overpriced for the sound they put out. That's me. Reviews only work so well, and are based on the opinion of the reviewer(s).

5. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

if you live in the US Im selling my Z-5300s for 90 bucks with 35 shipping. Lemme know...They are truly kickass