Software problems with ABIT KT7A

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Carloz, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Carloz

Carloz Geek Trainee

Hello again.

Since I last wrote you I had severe new problems.

The first is that the windows sockets library has failed in my OS and I had to reinstall the system once again(I'm gettin bored with this stuff) to use the internet.
    Once it didn't even load fully after the installation, of course there were lots of programs failing and error messages during that installation(it doesn't impress me any longer:)).
    I tried to do it once again to another directory, it failed and I really didn't know what the hell was going on.
    But when I came back and installed the ME into c:\windows, there were no errors at all!
    The system works now pretty well, but no fullscreen games are working... But it doesn't matter.

I'm not going to use Abit any longer, these boards are expensive and they don't do well.
    Next time I'll buy an ECS, MSI or other cheap board, they surely aren't worse.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

other cheap boards might be good for normal user/s but the best ones for overclocking are from the likes of ASUS and Epox, dont get me wrong Abit are also great but more users seem to have problems with them.

while the expensive motherboards from Abit look very good :)
    btw: I have a ASUS motherboard, no problems so far, unlike the problems I had with a Abit motherboard...

3. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

Agreed, the ASUS boards appear to be very good.

I recently changed to the ASUS A7V266 board from the IWill KA266-R (very buggy board), and thus far have had no major probs to speak of.

:D