Some ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by megamaced, Oct 11, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I've noticed quite a few posts regarding IT certifications and career recently. How about creating a new 'Certification / career advice' forum?

Is it possible to include a 'Random Thread' feature similar to Wikipedia's Random artical? Not sure if there is much demand for this, but I like digging up old threads :D

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

good idea mega

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Agreed on both points, I think it'd be quite cool.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

random idea is good, placed at the bottom on the forum home would be best I think? unless we could add a right menu to the forums, hmm.

I'm not sure about the "Certification / career advice forum" but if its need then I have nothing against it. I'll ask B for feedback.

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I think that this will create confusions in the members mind coz everyone on this site will come with their own different ideas and will create confusions. Its an open end question not like computers.....

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've seen one forum (Ars Technica) that has a professional section. I'm not sure just something for certification would be the best, but I think combining it with a professional geek forum would make it a more robust section. It would be career and certification oriented. It might seem redundant, but this would be about the career, not about IT problems, as we have forums that should cover virtually any issue they might run up against.

Edit: We now have an IT Careers and Certification area.

7. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Hmm it looks to me like u've moved at least one thread in there which doesn't really belong: "Paying for school". Swansen was just talking about school in general... right?

Also the title of the forum sounds a bit too narrow/hardcore imo. As if it's only for people seriously looking to work with computers for the rest of their lives -- that's what "career" means. If this were up to me, I'd call it something like "IT jobs, certifications, etc" to make it sound more general/loose (to include any discussions about temporary/side jobs as well). *shrug

8. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Honestly, right now I no longer really want to talk out qualifications...

Just see my thread in that forum :(

9. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

so sorry mega. its just a nightmare and i think i know how i wud feel having saved up ten G's and then the next minute you know its all gone. :(