Some kind of tag...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Waffle, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

..I can't remember how to do it at all.

You know like on some sites they have a "Back to Top" button? Like when you click it, you, well, go back to the top?

I want to use the code for that, but use it so that it jumps to a specific part on the page.

I'm doing a site for a friends band, and on the profiles page, I want the names across the top, which have this code on it, so that when it is clicked it jumps to the respected profile.

What might be a problem is that I want the profiles inside an "Inline frame", or similar because the site itself is only one size - its not going to move. the text inside will move up and down, but thats it.

I appreciate that it's quite hard to understand, but thanks for any help.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's not just one tag. It's making an anchor in the HTML coding itself and then having a link to the top. Off-hand, I don't remember the specifics, but I believe you start off with an
    Code:
    <a> </a>
    and then set a link within the page. I remember that it can be done, just not how to do it. I don't use it when I'm doing the basic HTML in my reviews, so that's probably why.

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I nearly got it - I think it's somethin to do with Bookmarks, but when I tried it, nothing happened, lol...

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I had an HTML class that covered this, but I don't know if I've still got the book or not. You could look at a webpage's source and see how to do it from there...that's kinda how I learned some of the stuff.

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Alright. Thanks.

6. Addis

Addis The King

7. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

you will have to use something like this
    PHP:
    <a href="#profile_sniper">Click Here to see Sniper's profile</a>

<a name="profile_sniper">here you will have the profile details</a>
    I hope this is what you mean?

8. Addis

Addis The King

Thanks i needed that! ;)

9. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Sounds right, thank you!

Another problem. I got the site built in frontpage, and tried to upload it to angelfire.com (we are buying a domain after its up n running).

It says all the images have uploaded, but the page will not display any pictures. Any ideas? You can navigate to the other pages, (well the 3 i've done) but there are no images.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

10. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I can't really say why it won't display without looking the HTML code...that’s assuming its HTML related.

11. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

It's alright now, thanks. Something to do with editing directories.

Here is the site at freewebtowns. (If this is not allowed for various reasons, please remove it, i won't be offended!)

http://www.freewebtown.com/brokenblue/index.html

Only the first three pages work, and only the Home page is complete, but it gives a general idea!

Do you think I could put the HF Banner on the site?