Some of the best guitarists and bassists!

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG, Jan 6, 2006.

1. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

i thank google video for having such a large selection.

Sheehan is perhaps the most amazing bassist ive seen, i think if he played guitar, he could beat what we have today, but hes a bass icon, also paul gilbert is a pretty awesome guitarist himself

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7123164409752792753&q=sheehan

Pink Floyd on general is also an amazing band, a really strong original style thats soul touching for many............viva gilmour...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2617009452764068302&q=Pink+Floyd

Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom is one of my heroes, perhaps one of the best shredders out there

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-752947032142755325&q=Alexi+Laiho

And finally, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen who are my personal icons and role models, i managed to find someone who posted the whole G3 concert from last year on google video, bon appetite

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3593623584137678217&q=G3

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

BB King=best gutarist, hands down.

However, Mike Eizenger of Incubus, Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osborne and Black Label Society, Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge (and formerly of Creed), Tom Morello of Audioslave (also, Rage Against the Machine), and Clint Lowry from Sevendust and Dark New Day are all great guitarists that deserve some recognition.

Bassists:
    Flea--Red Hot Chili Peppers and Dirk Lance (formerly) of Incubus (listen to their first album Fungus Among Us to see what I mean) are two that come to mind...and then I think of Jack Black on SNL doing something about a 'bass-off'. :p

5. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

I like Kirk Hammet of Metallica (Kill 'em all to self titled Metallica album), Satriani, and for bass Justin Chancellor from Tool is awesome and so is Clif Burton from Metallica (Kill 'em all-Master of Puppets).

That G3 was awesome, i haven't practiced in such a long time and that inspired me to pick up my Guitar again.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Hell yea! Zakk is my favourite guitarist, John Petrucci is awesome though, I just can't stop listening to Suspended Animation!! (Glasgow Kiss is my favourite song on that album)
    Another awesome bassist is Victor Wooten, this man is incredible!!

7. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

My favourite guitarists?

Johny Marr - The Smiths
    Robert Smith - The Cure
    David Bowie
    Billy Duffy - The Cult (early 80's period)
    Wayne Hussey - The Sisters (early 80's period)
    Bernard Sumner - Joy Division/New Order

...to name a few :)

8. peanut

peanut Geek Trainee

some great people so far but in my mind the 2 legends of guitar shredding has got to be: Angus Young from AC/DC and Slash from Guns 'n' Roses both of them have compiled some great, memorable riffs.
    and for bassists ill have to agree with Big B flea from RHCP is amazing!!!!

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I agree with you there, Angus is awesome, although I'm not so keen on Slash, I saw him play with Velvet Revolver at Live8 and he wasn't that impressive, I'm sure he was much more at home with G'n'R but with Velvet Revolver they didn't seem like a band, just a group of people trying to play something that resembled a song. Flea is incredible :D

10. megamaced

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

That is probably the most annoying thing I have ever heard..... Thanks for sharing that with us AT :)

11. Anti-Trend

Hey no problem. I just wish you could have seen the evil grin on my face while I clicked the little blue "Submit Reply" button. :dsmile: Truly a thing to behold.
    Man, I hope nobody told SRV that, he might've shot a kidney out of an unspecified orifice, may he rest in peace. Same genre, better musician, no contest. :cool: Actually, blues is one of the simplest styles of music to play (yes, I am a guitarist), and there are many, many good blues guitarists in the world. With guys like John Lee Hooker, John Mayall, Robert Johnson, not to mention newer artists like Joe Satriani, BB King has not a leg to stand on, not even in his own genre. Sorry, had to be said! ;)

12. megamaced

One day on, and I'm still suffering! I think you've caused me some permanent damage :x: :D

13. Anti-Trend

I like that the singer is an entire half-step flat, and he still can't hold his notes. And the guitar... how did he even get it to sound that bad? Doesn't even sound like a guitar. Freaking awesome. :D

14. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

It takes natural talent to suck that bad haha...

15. shutton54321

shutton54321 Geek Trainee

The Best Guitar Player is none of these you have mentioned have you forgotten is prob CHUCK BERRY
    I bet Most Of u's don't play guitar so can't really so wot is good or not

16. megamaced

Theres no need to be so ignorant :mad:

17. Anti-Trend

Meh, if you wanna go back that far, how about Les Paul, Bill Haley, or even better, Django Reinhart?

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I am a bass player and I know many guitarists, some who could match some of the best for speed (another one is a friend of a friend, I don't really 'know' him, I just know of him), it's not all about speed though, a decent solo doesn't have to be fast, some solos are more powerful if they're not, it's all about the style and soul of the song - a 'moving' song is no good if suddenly as the solo's about to start John Petrucci breaks in and starts shredding like a good 'un...

19. cosmicjuggler

cosmicjuggler Geek Trainee

Lead guitar - Jimi Hendrix and Carlos Santana - Peter Green, Brian May and Mark Knopfler are up there too!

Bass guitar - Jack Bruce and John Entwistle

Carol

20. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

How could I have forgotten John Entwistle...he's was amazing!