Sony Announces 80GB PS3 Bundle and Confirms Price cut

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Matt555, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

DailyTech - Sony Announces 80GB PlayStation 3 Bundle, Confirms Price Cut

Interesting, at least the extra $100 isn't just for an extra 20GB HDD space, you get a copy of MotorStorm too...

2. wompshmack

wompshmack Geek

Sony never ceases to amaze me. They are just dropping the ball on this one. Roughly 3.5m consoles sold as opposed to microsofts mighty 11m? Not a suprise.

3. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I read on Yahoo! News that while that is the case for the US, it's not so for the UK, we're not even getting the 80GB machine. Sony, along with most companies in the gaming world, don't realise just how much money is made from the UK along with the EU, they focus all their options on Japan and the US but leave us with the least amount of options and as one of the last to receive the latest machines and games. :(

EDIT: In fact, just found the link to the story:

No PS3 Price Drop for UK - Yahoo! News

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah we don't get a price cut but we get a new bundle, 2 controllers and 2 games:

Gizmodo UK : E3 2007: No PS3 Price Cut But, Meet The New Bundle

5. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

It's a good deal, but we still miss out on that 80GB machine, at least for now. :(

6. wompshmack

wompshmack Geek

Yeah, I don't see why EU gets the short end of the stick on console gaming so much. I mean, theres plenty of gamers over there. From what I hear though, the reason that japan gets releases first is that the average japanese gamer has more money than the average gamer anywhere else in the world. So I would imagine it makes a great test market. If something doesnt sell well in japan, it probably wont sell well anywhere else.

7. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

As I said in an earlier post, the people who make the machines and games don't realise just how much money can come from the EU gaming society. What few gamers realise is just how good EU-based games companies are at making games. For example Rare make amazing games, albeit they take a few years to come out with their next game, they've never disappointed me to date.

8. wompshmack

wompshmack Geek

Hmm, tried to think of a crappy rare game, couldn't think of one. You're probably right. Didn't they work on the original Perfect Dark? And man... DKC, that game has earned a place in history.

9. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Yeah, they made Perfect Dark and Goldeneye for the N64, fantastic games. The only one that was close to not being a good game was Banjo Kazooie, I didn't like it too much, but that's just my opinion.

10. Addis

Addis The King

I want a PS3 and a Sony Bravia TV so badly.

11. Wouter

Wouter Big Geek

Yeah, either consumer electronics are too expensive, or we don't have enough money... :king:

12. disco dave

disco dave Geek Trainee

Think the PS3 was doing ok, if perhaps a bit mediocre, but the ps3 redux has rather spoiled things a bit. The ps2 did wonderfully well by not only being backward compatible, but also being DVD ready. They tried the same with ps3, but now shot themselves in the foot by removing the ps2 compatibility in order to cut the cost!!!

Oh yeah, want to play rock band? You're gonna need 4 usb ports. the cost cutting ps3 has only got 2!!!

Nice one Sony!!!