Sound Blaster Audigy value 7.1

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Khurram Javed, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Khurram Javed

Khurram Javed Geek Trainee

I am thinking to buy Sound Blaster Audigy value 7.1 for my 5.1 channel Edifier M3500. But i read in Wikipedia that it only gives software based EAX (up-to 4.0). I really don't care about EAX but will this card use a lot of my CPU resources? Also does this card gives Good 3d Positional audio? Please don't suggest other cards as where i live its hard to find variety. I just want to ask if this card worth the money. I am currently using soundmax integrated audio. Will buying this card make difference in sound quality?:confused:

Heres the spece of Card (The Left One)
    Creative Sound Blaster - Product Comparison Results

Sorry if my English is Bad

2. henry222

henry222 Geek

You've not had a reply since July, so here's my tuppenceworth:-

My understanding is that unless you are interested in super sound facilities, Motherboard sound chips are pretty good . . .. indeed since most "computer speakers" are hardly "HiFi" the sound quality will suit most folk....indeed I suspect a better set of speakers and in particular a sub-bass of at least 8" (200mm) Diameter, will represent better value.

However, you don't explain what is prompting you to make this change; or did I misread your post?.

Oddly I have a problem with a Motherboard and integrated audio - it works, but I can't find any MIDI.(posted late Oct2010).
    Hope the above is some answer, but perhaps you've taken the plunge and bought that card......one advantage of the SB products is that they are "Standard" and likely to work with more software compared with any other.