Sound gaps

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Doesage, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Doesage

Doesage Geek Trainee

Mmm... How could I explain this. I dont know if this is hardware or software related, but I think it is software. Let me explain it like this.

I have a AMD 64 3200+ laptop, with onboard sound. Windows says my soundcard it is a 'C-Media AC97 audio device'. :x:

Let's say I am playing a sound file/clip that is 5sec long. Second1 and 2 plays fine, but my pc skips sec3 (with a short break, shorter than a sec), plays sec3 and sec4 in the same time as one sec and plays sec5 and the rest normal.

I noticed this when I am playing mp3's with Winamp, media player etc.. even with DVD's (using PowerDVD).

I tried to update my sound card driver with no success a couple of months ago. A while ago I noticed Windows Update installed new drivers. But even before the new drivers, I still had the same problem. :confused:

BTW - :ff:

Thanx

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Thats really tricky to troubleshoot, one thing you never let microsoft do is update the drivers cause it uses microsoft's version, if you can find the latest drivers for your C-Media sound card and install them!
    Also what version of DirectX do you have?