Sound problems

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by hawkeye60, Feb 27, 2005.

1. hawkeye60

hawkeye60 Geek Trainee

:confused:
    I need some help please!! I am not certain whether I have a speaker or sound card problem or even a software problem or even worse a combination of all three!
    I am running XP Pro SP2. My sound card is Mercury KOB C884-E 6 channel. I have downloded the latest driver from Mercury's website. Speakers are 2.1 setup.

Specific problems: No sound on startup although I have checked that this should be. Windows Media player - no sound. Real player sound from the satellite speakers only but only limited volume. The volume control on the subwoofer does control the volume on these speakers but no sound from the sub.CDs same as Real Player. Speakers are connected to the GREEN terminal MSM Messenger 7 can receive sound but cannot transmit even after using the wizard that suggests all is well.

Any thoughts please?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

have you checked the volume levels in the control panel > sound and audio devices? also I'd suggest re-installing the latest drivers again.

3. hawkeye60

hawkeye60 Geek Trainee

I have just discovered that WMP has its own set of controls and found that sound was muted!

Joy the problem is resolved.