Sql Database In Status Suspect

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Wright62, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Wright62

Wright62 Geek Trainee

I had a database in status SUSPECT (No items). I have not Backup. I've only .mdf and .ldf files.
    After reading all answer regarding thi topic, I executed all commands to fix this status, but without success.
    I also executed the following comands for recovering my database :
    sp_detach_db 'Mydb' (and the following message: "Successfully detached database 'Mydb'." ) then executed
    sp_attach_db @dbname = N'Mydb',
    @filename1 = N'E:\MSSQL7\Data\Mydb_Data.MDF',
    @filename2 = N'E:\MSSQL7\Data\Mydb_Log.LDF' and the following error message : ("Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 1, Line 1 I/O error 38(Reached end of file.) detected during read of BUF pointer = 0x11c01980, page ptr = 0x1f6bc000, pageid = (0x1:0x7bea01), dbid = 7, status = 0x801, file = E:\MSSQL7\Data\Mydb_Data.MDF.
    Connection Broken "
    I executed command with the Service Manager stopped (I don't know if it's important)
    Please I'm desperate. What can I do to recover my db.
    I'm not expert in SQL Server and it would be appreciate if the answers were very clear

RagnarPorkelsson likes this.
  2. RagnarPorkelsson

RagnarPorkelsson Geek Trainee

If your database is marked suspect and you are desperate, then I'll advice you to set the status to that database, like:

update master.dbo.sysdatabases
    set status = 20
    where name = 'YourDatabaseName'

Very sorry that you have no backup. So if that doesn't help, then the only thing I can advise is to try to restore database using SQL Server Recovery Toolbox. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/sql_recovery.html

Wright62 likes this.
  3. RagnarPorkelsson

RagnarPorkelsson Geek Trainee

4. Wright62

Wright62 Geek Trainee

You've been very kind in your efforts to help. Thanks for that. Solved!