Stepping down

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big B, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've been with HWF for over 7 years, and didn't really think this day would come. However, as I've got a lot of things to juggle, it's something that is necessary to do.

I'm stepping down as a staff member on HWF.

After a good deal of thought about life, I've decided to step down from my duties. I'm sure most of our regulars know I've gotten married and have a kid on the way, not to mention a new house and all that jazz.

I looked at the situation and decided that because I've been slowly fading out on my appearance at HWF, I'd rather step down voluntarily than go MIA.

I am not leaving this position because of any person or disagreement, simply my life is changing so much, my energy and desire are diminishing.
    I still expect to be in and out, but I'll be letting go of the reigns at this point in time. Down the road, I've considered that I might come back on the staff, but currently, there's just too much in my own life that needs attention. HWF was getting less and less attention, and when I wasn't seeing a drastic shift in this trend, I felt it was best to do this move.

It's been fun doing this and having a hand in developing the HWF community, and maybe in the future, it could happen once again.

All the best, guys and gals.
    -Brian

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hey BB

Wishing you a happy retirement... hehe. I am sure you will be sorely missed. Please do not be a stranger and visit us between nappies (diapers....).....

Thanks for all the work and for looking after us! :cool:

3. Net Jockey

Net Jockey Geek Trainee

Seven years is quite a commitment...Take a well deserved break...if that is what you need.
    If not enjoy your new challenges.

4. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Ah, well thanks for the great job you've done in the past! Hope you'll still visit often enough!

5. zeus

zeus out of date

When I first joined this site I thought it was entirely your show due to the commitment you showed. And it never let up. Hardware Forums semed to get off to a slow start but quality regular posts from a small number kept it going. "Big B" usually being the first to reply.
    House, girlfriend, family.... I know exactly how much time it takes up. And time well spent too!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Its through reading these boards and replying to posts that has broadened my interest to things like coding, making websites, linux etc etc

6. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I've been a member of HWF for about 2 years now. I always noticed that you've been a very good staff member. It's sad to see you leave, but I wish you all the best with your life. Maybe we'll see you again sometime in the future :) :beer:

7. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Bah come on, don't sound like he's totally forsaking this forum, he's just stepping down as mod. Haha hopefully.

8. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Hats off to you, B. You've always been a model staffer, and we all hate to lose you. To everything there is a season, and we support your decision to bow out. But as is HWF tradition, there will always be an open seat for you here. :)

9. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thanks for all the hard work B, couldn't have done without you when it all started (well forgetting the re-start when we lost all our members), hope to see you around when time permits.

10. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

X2. I can understand though, i've have barely been around, i haven't been able to post news in so long, life gets crazy sometimes.

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Thanks all. It's been fun, and I'm glad to have been active for so long.

In the meantime, keep on truckin'.

12. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Good luck B