super mobility for laptop

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by snowfox222, Nov 11, 2008.

1. snowfox222

snowfox222 Geek Trainee

hokay ive been wanting to do this for a while

inspiration: at my work place im always constantly going back and forth between computers and a laptop so i figured if the laptop was attached to me it would save time

idea as of now: rewiring a scratch for wrist band accompanied by 2 usb ports, and a heads up display over one eye voice commands would help alot probably use a bluethooth headset

problem: i cant find video goggles for one eye except one for a toy and its only in b/w could i possily be pointed in the right direction to a company that would make a video headset for one eye

or plans to build one also accepted

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

Hi mate,

I think your ideas certainly different, how do you intend on powering this to last more that a few hours and not weighing you down?? and voice control is still very primitive and unreliable what sort of work are you going to be using it for?

you've got my interest on this one, can you pop some pictures up when its finished.

in regards to a single eye screen i havent got a clue im just intrigued on how this is going to work.

hope it goes well Dave :cool:

p.s If the main problem is you having to move between a laptop and a computer, attaching a computer to yourself isnt going to help if more than one machine is needed. Why dont you just move the laptop next to the other computer and save yourself from turning into robocop

3. snowfox222

snowfox222 Geek Trainee

when its finished ill send you some pics

i really have no idea where i would find one unless i buy an hd miniscreen and a lens

whatever you can find though send it to me

4. snowfox222

snowfox222 Geek Trainee

oh and its more like 10 comps
    plus who wouldnt want to be robocop