Swiftech or Dangerden?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by roy92, Mar 29, 2007.

1. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

the topic says it all, which is better?

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

its all preference man, But i like dangerden

3. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

can someone give me a list of good w/cooling systems under 300 aus dollars? swiftech or dangerden.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What all do you plan to cool? Just the CPU, or are you looking at the northbridge and/or video card?

5. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

cpu, gpu (SLI soon) and chipset. has anyone heard of asetek?

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah, but mostly in regards to their VapoChill refrigeration setups.

7. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

is the danger den maze4 w/cooling kit enough for my system? the cpu wil be o/clocked 4 ghz up. Also, can u like mix and match rads and blocks from other brands?

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes. A kit simply contains the stuff you need in one package. You can also roll your own kit. I'm no expert on watercooling, but both Swiftech and DangerDen are very solid performers from what I have seen in reviews.

The only thing that could be a problem is if you try using barbs with different sizes. You just want to use all the same size tubing or you can slow things down.

If you want, say a Black Ice 120mm rad, you can use it to replace one in a kit.

Outside of keeping the same tubing, the only other thing you'll want to do is assemble the kit and make sure you don't have any leaks before installing it in the case. Pure water does not conduct electricity, but the impurities in it do, which is why you'll use distilled water. Any additives (like antifreeze) will put some impurities in the water, but that's to prevent things from growing in the water system.

9. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

thanks for that BB. two more things, what is "bleeding a system" and what are the chances of a kit leaking?

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Bleeding is draining the water from the loop.

When setup correctly, the chances of leaking are slim, but that's the key. Hence why you would want to do a run before installation. If you use some silicone grease like in plumbing applications, the parts will slide in together more easily, and help prevent leaks.