System causing Problem at startup

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by rizz, Jun 12, 2013.

1. rizz

rizz Geek Trainee

I am using my computer since five years but it start causing me trouble about 4 days a go. first I was using my system as usual and suddenly a "Blue Screen" comes some how system manages to work then next day that screen comes twice I search on net and I thought may be it is due to virus so I formatted my hard disk and reinstalled windows XP it works fine for two days. After two days when i start it, it is not starting its now showing a complete black screen I remove the RAM to make an idea weather its an issue caused by ram or what but there is no beep there I think RAM is fine. The system gets a boot if I restart it multiple times basically I switch off/on the electricity.

What is this issue with the system is the system is so old, I had also cleaned the system it not dust free but its quite clean.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What is the make and model of your system ? Is this a desktop or laptop ? If this is a desktop, Pull the side door off and then start your computer...
    With the side door off, check all fans to make sure that they are running..Check the cpu fan/heatsink.. Does the computer run fine in the Bio's ?
    Also check to see if it will run under safe mode..Next would be to test the Power Supply..