system date

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by lokesh m, Mar 27, 2014.

1. lokesh m

lokesh m Geek Trainee

i have lenova thinkcentre dual core system, i changed cmos batter but still some times it will go to default system date that is 2008, so please help me solve this problem

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Have you tried updating your Bio's

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Uh, not to come across sarcastically, but have you tried changing the date? Most BIOS's navigate with the arrow keys and +/- ones.

4. lokesh m

lokesh m Geek Trainee

i had not updated bios, can u tell how to update bios, if bios is update will my problem solved

5. lokesh m

lokesh m Geek Trainee

ya i had changed the date and time

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Lenovo may have a utility to update your bios, and I would suggest that, because those make the process much simpler. At the same time, it's recommended to update BIOS only if a newer one addresses your problem. I'm not sure if a newer BIOS will fix your problem either.

Do you let the laptop ever drain completely and not have it charge?
    When the BIOS's date changes, do you notice any other settings you've changed being reset?
    You might want see if you notice anything that might mess with power to the laptop, especially from the mains.

7. lokesh m

lokesh m Geek Trainee

thanks i will try to update bios

8. dwarfer09

dwarfer09 Geek Trainee

some mobo's reset the entire cmos when power is inturrupted, it'll warn you with a message someone like "overclocking failed, press F1".... the confusion is that at this stage quitting bios without saving will erase the settings back to factory default.

If you're getting the "overclocking failed, press F1..." message make sure you save upon exit.