Task manager also !

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by harrack52, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

See my 3rd post in this thread, specifically the image I posted.

Towards the bottom of the screen on a Reply to Post page, there is a section labled "Attach file". Beside it is a text box and beside that is a Browse button to browse your hard drive for the file.

Try to edit the pic before hand. If not, you can post it, and I can just edit it to display the main things if your unable to for whatever reason.

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Your attachment section is right below the option section but I don't have it, and in the forum rules "you may not post attachments" is written

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Lemme see if I can do anything about it. Sniper may have to take care of that.

Edit: Nope. I have put a thread concerning this in the mods section of the forum. I have some administrative privileges, but there are some I'm not able to do. He should be able to do something about it. I'm not sure if it's just your bad luck or if it's affecting a lot of people here.

I know the image code is diabled, but I'm not sure about the attachment ability. I'll letcha know ASAP.

EDIT 2: I've been able to check up on this, and everything appears to be okay. Check and see if it's still not showing up.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's been enabled, so you should be able to attach an image.

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

ok thanks, here's the picture

Attached Files:

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That ain't task manager.

Right click on your task bar (and not on the quick launch icons)

The menu will have "Task Manager" on it, and it is around the middle of the menu.

Click that and see if it doesn't bring up Task Manager.

7. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

when I had this problem that is what I was seeing but now that I reinstalled xp I can now see the "complete" task manager

what you're seeing is the users tab which you said you did not have

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Did Task Manager come up the same way it does doing the way I just mentioned vs. hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del?

9. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

yes whether I do it with the mouse or with they keyboard the result is the same

10. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Ok, after all this time, I found out (on amdforums) what I should have done to get the task manager back.
    You can try it yourselves.
    Open the task manager, double click on an empty area of your task manager (like right next to the end process button if you're in the process tab) and you will see that the title bar, etc. disappears, double click again and it will come back !

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

lol, I don't think you explained that well :) lol, I get what you mean now...glad you found out how to fix it though!

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Geek Trainee

Thread Necromancy!
    I know it's been a long time since this issue was posted and resolved. I'm putting in two cents just to say thank you. After a half-hour search, I finally found this forum, this thread, and the solution to the same problem that had jumped upon me. I, too, had pushed too many keys in a frustrated frenzy to unfreeze a screen. It wasn't frozen, just slow. But in my wild flailings of fingers and function-keys, I must have "double-clicked" my task manager unwittingly, which is how I approach most of my computer incongruities.

I registered specifically to thank you, BigB, for the insights and suggestions, and to you, Harrack52, for the final solution. Thank you.

13. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

[ot]
    Just out of curiosity, how did you come across your user name Gilgamesh?
    Isn't it biblical?
    [/ot]

14. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

[ot]No, it's not biblical, it's actually an ancient Babylonian epic tale or legend, kind of like Homer's The Iliad and Odysseus is probably the most famous piece from the ancient Greeks. So, the Epic of Gilgamesh was written well before the bible in Sumerian cuneiform, i believe (written language). And Gilgamesh was the main hero of the tale, who experienced all sorts of adventures.[/ot]

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Geek Trainee

I would have preferred an earlier, Sumerian name. But it was taken. In studying the Bible, history, religion, and traditions, I came to realize that northern, easdtern, and western Semite beliefs were developments of pre-Semite traditiions (and some early Egyptian ones). I came to believe that the further back in time one goes, the closer to the reality of what The First People believed. Not able to given my first choice, I decided upon Gilgamesh, who, while legendary (or combined of multiple real heroes and myths), was also epic. And certainly in this age of science and this wave of computer problems, a hero is what is needed. Not that I am a hero. I merely borrowed a heroes name in honor of his people's nearer understanding of the origin. Computers, after all, make a "giga-mesh" of a problem for my untrained mind. :chk: