Thank you system.. mods/admins credit

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Waffle, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Been thinking for a while, there are loads of helpful responses to problems/threads etc that deserve a thank you point, but if the thread starter is a new member then more often than not they won't say thanks

my suggestion would be to give mods/admins an extra button that says "award thanks" or whatever, and will just add "HWF Thanks you for this post" or something...that way helpful people will get recognised.

And given mods/admins won't abuse it and go around thanking unnecessarily, it might be worth looking into.

Thoughts

2. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Ya I think that's a good idea, and I trust our mods/admins not to abuse priveleges, not like they ever have.

3. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Good idea Waffles, i'll be down with that.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah great idea Waffles, I've noticed loads of posts that are helpful but never get awarded points. I think this would be a great way to make sure the helpful posts get recognised. :good:

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I have a question, If I press the thanks button for this post?
    well! you have a point in there.....

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

It's a good idea but what about really helpful people that aren't part of the staff, like Matt and Stimpe as obvious examples. It's hard to really set the bar.

7. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Don't forget yourself Ex!

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah I think Ex was trying to be modest - you're helpful too Ex! :good:

9. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

its possible, though most likely, I will have a message for the thread starter reminding them to thank the user.

I love all the ideas you guys have, though at this time I simply can't sit down and implement them because of uni work.

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yeah this is a good idea Waffles. No worries Sniper. We all appreciate any work you put in here :)

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah definitely! :good:

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks Pelvis & Matt, I feel loved:)
    Yeah that's a good idea too Sniper, when you get time we'll see if it makes a difference.

13. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Will it b for all the threads? Because threads like general talk doesnt need these querries I think.
    What about those questions, which cannot be solved by any of the member? Will that tease the thread starter to thanks for the unsolved question?

What about those members, who asked the question and get the answer; doesnt turned up to the site again?

You mean all the users those who replied for the question?

ahh! so many questions just for one querry..........I am just thinking, how you guys able to make this big website?

And yea I forgot 1 thing. What about those members who starts PM you the questions, instead of starting a new thread?

14. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Kind of hard to make sense of that but I'll give it a go...

You are correct, it would not be necessary for all forums as not all require thanking for posts, as you suggested, General Discussion.

It would not 'tease' the thread starter to thank for an unsolved question, as unless the person is living in a backwards dimension, they would not thank for un-useful/no information.

Plus this is only for Mods/Admins, who are aware when to award and when not to - also implementation of removing unnecessary thanks could also be introduced.

This proposed idea is exactly for those people who ask questions, get answers and never return - people offer their help, and do not get recognised. This system would aid this.

This site is driven by vBulletin, and so everything is managed in a powerful yet user friendly admin environment.

And finally, people who PM you with questions should be told to make a thread in the appropriate forum.

15. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

whatever do you mean Exfoliate? :x:

The thanks button is already disabled in sections such as general chat, testing zone etc

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh, sorry man, I wasn't really making sense there. All I meant is when you get the time to implement this perhaps, which is totally up to you of course, we'll see if it really works in practice. Sorry if it came across as negitive.

17. Addis

Addis The King

Like the idea :good:
    This feature would only be for mods and admins to hand out thanks from the forums. You can't really give this option to non mods/admins since it would be abused. So normal members have nothing to worry about.

18. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Alright, I follow now man. With that being the case I can almost guarentee it's sucess Sniper as I have 100% confidence in you all:)