To anyone with an X-Dreamer II Case...

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by ludacris, Jul 21, 2004.

1. ludacris

ludacris Geek Trainee

ave you replaced the PSU? With what? Did it fit?

It seems as though there is limited space for different psu as the exhaust fan on top is in the way...

I'm afraid the current 350w psu won't be enough to support the fans i'm adding and it's always nice to know you have a good enough psu that it wont bottleneck your system...

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I doubt anyone here has the case, but after searching google, I've read someone changed the PSU but also changed the fan! I think you might have to remove the fan before you can install it? if the space is limited!

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Any standard ATX power supply will work fine. If you're really concerned, take the current unit out and bring it into a shop to compare the size. If the power supply is good, 350W shouldn't be an issue.

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I have the case. X dreamer. I LOVE IT! The only difference is i dont have blue LEDs on the front. I havent replaced the psu i have no need to. it runs the case fans, +4 vantec stealth fans. my 40 gig 7200rpms hdd, 16x dvdrom. Ive never had a problem with the psu.

But i did have a 400watt psu running in it temporarily as i was cleaning the stocker psu.. i had no problem with space because of the exaust fan. It was a tad snug but it fit.

And i might admit, nice case!!!

what color is yours?

5. ludacris

ludacris Geek Trainee

silver with blue LED's. I have all blue unincom cabling inside, i should've got a blue shuttle mobo, that would've fit the look :rolleyes: I also wrapped the wires to the psu in plastic wrap (to keep them from getting sticky) and wrapped them in electric tape. It's looks much neater, as opposed to having all those different colors wires all over.

6. ninja fetus

yeah i just did duct tapefor the cables. i like the color and it has an unmistakeable sheen. i wish i got the silver case...i got a black one and you can see ever speck of dust and every little scratch.

7. Emu

Emu Geek Trainee

On a side note about cases: I have to say that i will only buy from Antec from now on. For the price the quality is unbelievable. Stock 120mm fan at the back, variable RPM PSU fans, an air filter at the front, removable racks...

Of course my amazement could stem from the fact that i have used nothing but generic poor quality cases in the past. On my last computer the PSU fan blew and the room smelled like melting plastic! WHen i took apart the PSU it wasnt an electrical problem, the fan actually was messed up so the blades couldn't even turn. So yeah, never a poor quality case/psu again!

8. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh, Antec are quite good! I like Coolermaster and Lian Li cases though!

9. ninja fetus

yeah but the xdreamerII's run for about 60-80 us dollars. pretty cheap

Lian Li is 1337!!! i just wish i could afford the cases.