Uefi Bios Split/offset On Hdmi Output?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by nicky9499, May 16, 2015.

1. nicky9499

nicky9499 Geek

This is my first time encountering such a strange issue, I don't really know how to describe it and googling doesn't really turn up much either (most just say auto-adjust display but this is a HDTV) so here's a pic.

[​IMG]

MSI Z68A-G43 (G3)
    i5-3570K (not overclocked)
    Powercolor HD7850 PCS+ 2GB

In fact, I connected the small screen just so that I can read things in the BIOS properly. It's connected via MiniDP > VGA.

Tried connecting the TV using:
    HDMI direct
    DVI-D > HDMI adapter
    MiniDP > HDMI adapter
    Also tried 16:9 overscan on/off, it only makes the image bigger/smaller.

All the same. TV got no VGA input to test, not that I'd want a VGA connection anyway, for quality reasons.

The issue persists from boot up through post and Windows logo loading screen. Windows login screen onwards, all is well. I have updated with the latest 15.4 Catalyst drivers. Chipset drivers are also current. The issue does not appear when using onboard video.

Does anyone know what's going on please?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What is the issue? I'm not sure what to look for.

3. nicky9499

nicky9499 Geek

Hi Big B, thanks for dropping by. If you look at the TV, which is the main display, you'll notice how the screen has been "shifted" to the right and split about 1/5 vertically. Compare it to the temporary LCD screen, which displayed everything correctly without any need for calibration or adjustment.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Did you already try the calibrations on the TV itself, not via Catalyst?