unlocking help...

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by motorheadbiker, Dec 29, 2007.

1. motorheadbiker

motorheadbiker Geek Trainee

I have a nokia n95 8gb locked to vodafone network... I wanna unlock it to any network available.. but while googling i found that its impossible to unlock BB5 phones without unscrewing the phone or without using some kits like Infinity box, JAF etc... but i still believe that phones lock program is written in permanent memory of the device..I downloaded the Permanent memory content of my N73 Music edition and altered few values to reset the life timer and i completed it successfully.. i used his trick to reset the life timer of n95 8gb also... my question is does any one know about the entire permanent memory content?what values should be altered to unlock my phone? and i know few values of the segments like 103,88, 224 which contains the information about phones life timer etc... what will happen if i blank out the permanent memory of the phone? or what wil happen if i alter some important values which i really dont know..?? wil my phone be dead? or can i restore it back again if i take a back up of my permanemt memory... i can also post my phones permanent memory file if any one could figure out what exactly it is...Thank you...

2. rimmer

rimmer Geek

jesus that sounds complicated, I would get a professional to do it, these new phones probably need some kind of bypass chip souldering to them, not too sure though, just bought the new Sony Ericsson K850i 5 megapixel phone on orange yesterday, and I havn't seen anything on unlocking that either yet...

all my previous phones, I could unlock via USB cable and installing generic software for all networks on