Vaio VGN-A130B

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by Ivanzinho, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Ivanzinho

Ivanzinho Geek Trainee

Hi, ladies and gentlemen, again I by these sides, I need help because I have a Sony Vaio VGN-A130B and I try to download de BIOS update because when I try to install Windows XP service pack 2, computer crash and shows a Blue Screen, hard disk is ok and memory, because I installed these on other computer and runs ok.
    Sony Vaio website is out of service, and I need the bios update any urgent, thank you a lot and excuse me for this :)

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

And what makes you think a BIOS update will solve all of your problems?

3. Ivanzinho

Ivanzinho Geek Trainee

really I don't know it, but a lot of this troubles associates with bluescreen solves when I update BIOS, and I don't know what other trouble would be.

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Do you have a recovery disc of the laptop?

5. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

A BIOS update could cause more problems for you and I doubt very much it is the cause of the blue screens. Have you been playing with the settings in the BIOS? You may have entered some incorrect parameters. I suggest you return the settings to their default and try installing Windows again. Failing that, remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes and try again.

6. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

When does the computer freeze during installation? At the beginning (the DOS-like interface where you can partition the disk), or during the rest of the installation (where the mouse pointer is available)? I had this problem with an Acer Aspire 1350 when attempting to install windows 2000.