Vista Computer Scores

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by megamaced, Apr 5, 2008.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

For the first time in over 2 years, I have installed Windows on my main computer. I don't mean within a Virtual Machine, but on a physical disk, in a dual boot scenario with Ubuntu 8.04 RC.

My biggest beef has got to be performance issues and system requirements. I don't claim to have the fastest computer in the world, or even the most modern, but if you look at my "My Computer" link you will notice that it's not too shabby either. Yet under Vista my computer is pretty damn slow. Windows Media Player seems to suck the life out of my computer. I don't dare click the "Now Playing" link because the virtualisations slow my computer to a crawl and the music starts clipping!

Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to compare Windows Vista scores indexes. I got a pretty bad score due to memory read / writes which I thought strange. I've got Kingston RAM installed so it's not like i've gone out and bought some knock-off generic, under the counter stuff. Anyway, without further ado, here are my scores:

[​IMG]

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

this is mine:

[​IMG]