W7 crashes after shut down

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by chizijs, Jun 5, 2011.

1. chizijs

chizijs Geek Trainee

Always when I turning off my PC, after screen where writen 'Shutting down' I have blue screen with error.
    I have this error after CPU+MB+RAM changing..

PC:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
    RAM: Kingston DDR3 1333mhz 4GB (x2)
    MB: GigaByte Z68X-UD4-B3

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      41.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      48.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

This is not enough info , Please give more info... We are not mind readers here.. Is this a laptop or desktop, What is the make and model of your machine???
    Did this PC come with windows 7 or ??? And did it start doing this when you installed windows 7 ?

3. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

I would start by running a Memtest86 to see if any of your RAM is coming up with errors. Faulty ram can cause bluescreens and lockups. You may also want to run a checkdisk to see if the hard drive is reporting any errors or bad sectors/clusters. If it does, let windows try to repair the files if possible.

4. Makcalable

Makcalable Geek Trainee

Ok from the title info I would say this is Windows 7 you are using.... ;-)

Locate your minidump, it should be here C:\WINDOWS\ Minidump\Mini081505-01.dmp

Post the minidump here as an attachment... we would also need the actual Bluescreen error code as the images do not provide the actual error code.

Make sure all cables and wires are secure from the outside to inside and make sure everything is seated correctly and that it hasn't dislodged in anyway as this is possible.

As wildcard mentioned you should run memtest86 at least once and also chksdsk too. [Memtest86]

Check Disk = Start > Type in Search Box > chkdsk Hit enter

Also check Event Viewer = Start >Type in Search Box > eventvwr.msc Hit enter. And look for any error's or descrepencies that may show and let us know what they are.

Also check Performance Report = Start >Type in Search Box > perfmon /report Hit enter

This report will include a whole load of things about how your system is running and show any issues, here are just a few of them:

Diagnostic Results Warnings, Performance, Software Configuration, OS Checks, Security Center Information, System Services, Startup Programs
    Disk, Hot files, Disk breakdown, Physical disk, NTFS Performance, CPU, Process, Service, Services, System, Hardware Configuration, Disk Checks, Systems, Desktop Rating, BIOS, Devices
    Memory, Processes, Counters,Network.

Make sure all Drivers are upto date too by visting the manufacturer website or Vender.

Try switching your RAM about, test them with just one stick of RAM and changing the slots.

At of interest what AV software are you using?? If it is AVG uninstall it and install MSE just to see if this resolves this issue.

We need as much info you can provide as this would enable the guys to figure out the issue more quickly for you ;-)

cube_ and Sniper like this.
  5. pctech

pctech Geek Trainee

Hi,

You are required to perform a clean boot to find the program that is causing this and then disable or remove it.
    Here is the procedure to do it:
    Clean Boot Troubleshooting:
    1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    User Account Control permission.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the
    password, Or click Continue.
    2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
    3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.
    4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
    5. Click OK.
    6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
    7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.

If the issue is resolved check which third party is causing the problem, referring the link given below:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

8. Also you need to uninstall and reinstall the problem software on your computer.
    Reset the computer to start as usual
    9. After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
    Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    10. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
    11. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Hope this helps.