wanted to buy

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by JAY, Sep 26, 2005.

1. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

ok first of all, i live in the Fiji Islands...new pc stuff over here cums far late..in one of the pc shops they'r sellin a geforcefx 5200 card for $350..sounds bloody unfair rite?now u know how i feel :( if someone can arrange these stuff for me PLEASE

a good P4 2.8ghz motherboard~pci express, not SLI~too expensive
    pci express video card~geforce6600 will do
    120gb HDD ~ Western Digital SATA (optional)
    1gb RAM ~ should support the mainboard
    Power Supply ~ atleast 500w o which ever is applicable cos the video card will require this i think..enermax,thermaltake wil do

any recommendations are welcome..if possible i have a budget of around $300 fijian dollars..yea lol

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

hmm F$300 is about £100...thats not a lot maybe in america is a better idea, dont try the UK, first of all stuff over here is expensive and also the exchange rate isnt good. however that is about $175 USD...hmm i dont think you're going to get a lot with that, (American Dollars)
    PSU = Anything from $60+
    Motherboard = (what socket? LGA775? 478?) Around $100 (also what FSB has your CPU got?)
    GPU = About $90
    HDD = About $75
    RAM = About $75
    So in FJD that would be about $520
    SO you may need a bit more money, you could always try and find other deals as these were just found quickly on newegg to get a general idea of what things cost.

3. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

yeah dude i tried chekd out the deals on newegg n they'r quite cheap..but that company does not ship to my country..i contacted their customer service..so if im lucky maybe ill find who can arrange all these stuff for me..i really dont need HDD and RAM,,but a new pci e motherboard n graphics card is what i want..cos these things are NOT in Fiji..they will come after a year or so..n as i said cost like a million dollars..so its better if i can get my stuff from overseas..is there anyone who can help me out pliz

4. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

What exactly do you need done? you need someone to buy the stuff you want and then ship it over to you?

5. kool_azn

kool_azn Geek Trainee

do we have to smuggle it over to u? lol

6. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

oh yeah and how will i do that??

7. kool_azn

kool_azn Geek Trainee

lol im j\k
    but wat exactly do u want us to do?

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm not sure of the exchange rate of Fijian dollars to US dollars. $300 USD won't get you what you want. Unless the Fijian dollar is $3-4 to $1 US, you're not going to get much of an upgrade. I could be wrong, but judging by the price over there, you're not going to get a lot of mileage out of $300. Never mind the shipping costs and any import tariffs you incur.

9. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

yeah your right BigB..300$FJ will just get around 180$ US..i just cheked out this website www.xe.com/ucc a Fijian $1 = 0.57c US approx.. australia's is much beta $1 = .87c AUS ... if i can get someone from aussie to get me the stuff???? :(

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Pelvis_3 is from AUS:) I'd sell you my stuff perhaps but my video card is dead and I'd want more for it than what you're looking at unfortunatly.