Website creation

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by ninja fetus, Jun 8, 2005.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

my mom being a newly licensed real estate agent needs a website. I'm just gonna use a quick simple and professional template through dreamweaver. I'll be able to create the site fine, I'll be using comcast to host the files and everything. I just need to register a domain. Any free ones? like http://my.dot.tk/
    or something else. Just needs to be free, I don't like .tk for some reason it just doesn't sound all too professional.

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yeh and u get condom ads like the ones at the 'splash page that I cant remove' on my site. I cant think of another of the top of my head though, i'll look into it for you.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

thanks I'd appreciate it, I've been looking for a while and haven't seen any. Maybe google just hates me.

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

no, there are no other providers that give you a free .ending, im afraid, at least, not to my knowledge.

your best bet is to go with a tk, or pay for a domain - they are only a few dollars a year, (well, i guess, i can buy a domain for £3.99 a year over here)

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

this sounds promising - .co.nr - whatever that means.

http://www.freedomain.co.nr/

i havent looked into it much, but from a glance it looks good

EDIT:

oh man..the sheer quality.

"Do you want your website to look proffesionalwithout obtaining a paid domain name?"

yez mi siet loocs wel proffshunal...

i wish these companies could spell, does my head in lol..

6. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

Hmmm..... trying to figure out how they make their money, looks to good to be true.

BTW. .co.nr, that would be Nauru then, pop. 13,048. How wierd would it be having a British website with the domain name of a rock in the Pacific Ocean.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I dunno, I heard www.godaddy.com is pretty good, then again I've never checked it out.
    EDIT: Okay, obviously I didn't research this one, turns out domains are 3.99 or something, we'll I guess that's not too bad if you're desperate.

8. Addis

Addis The King

co.nr looks good. I might use that.