were to put my sub ??

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Willz, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

ok, this is properbly the most stupid thread ever put in here, but i am wondering, were is the best place for my little ol 25watt sub?

i cant decided, is it better on top of my desk, or under my desk?

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

You should put the sub underneath the desk. If you put in on top of your desk, then you would hear nothing but bass!

3. Willz

ah.
    my desk is in the corner of my room, its not a corner desk, should be sub be positioned somewere along the wall, or in the corner, so the side speaker is really close to the wall, or should it be kind of facing diagonally?

4. megamaced

This will give you some idea:

[​IMG]

5. Willz

thats exatly how i have got it now, i think
    which way is the sub facing?

6. megamaced

Left towards the desk

7. Willz

ah, so its bibrates on the desk and creates more bass?

8. Willz

Here is my speaker setup and stuff, sorry if its not clear, decided to try my graphics tablet :p

Attached Files:

9. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

What I think good is.....

Put woofer in the front......well if you place on the ground and near the wall ......You will get good bass but if you put under your table........Then also you will get more bass .....smthing like this.......|W|........| is leg of your table.

for speakers.......think logically..........if you can put speaker on all the walls...... for eg if you have 4 speakers ........ put 1 on each wall of the room.....
    Last thing...........If you put speakers on higher place, you will get more voice then you put it on the lower place......I mean if you hang them on the wall ...you will definately get a cool surround sys.

10. megamaced

[ot]Karanislove...........why are you..........putting all these.........dots........inbetween your.........words? :) [/ot]

11. Willz

meh, i dunno, my surround sound system is tretty crap anyway, it was only £25 though, so i cant really argue.

mine is a tevion surround sound system (MEDION)
    each speaker is 5watt, and centre is 25watt, so, all together is a low 50watt :(, thats 500watt pmpo right?

well, thats deffo not good enough, do you know any english sites that are selling decent 5.1 surround sound systems for about 40-80 pounds?

i wud prefer somthing like 80-150watt on sub woofer.

12. Karanislove

Its my style.....ne problem~!

13. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

[OT]Yes, problem. It makes for very illegible sentenecs. And please don't thank unnecessarily, as seen in a post above.

Thank you.
    [/OT]

14. Karanislove

_

15. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

[ot]
    Rule 10.) Spelling. I know: this isn't English class, but please remember that you have a greater likely hood of someone helping if they can read and understand what you're getting at. We also ask that you refrain from using Instant Messaging/Text Messaging short-hand. Example: "OMG! Teh compy si teh sux0r wont let me d/l teh pr0ns." If you want help, we need to be able to read what you're saying. Reapeated failure to comply will result in a ban.

Now, rule 10 doesn't explicitly state that you can't write in dots but it's common sense and it's difficult to read for some. Think about this in the future and remember that you can be stopped![/ot]

16. Willz

the thread is so off topic :'(

17. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Personally i think the sub should be positioned where megamaced's diagram shows in hid second reply. And of course, it sounds better of you place the sub on the floor (preferably carpet) to reduce the resonance it can cause.

18. Willz

i have put it were it shows in diagram, i get a little more bass, but, it always blooming distorts at high sound level :(

19. megamaced

Do you have a separate volume control for the sub? You should turn it down a little if it's booming too much.

Another reason it may be distorting could be down to the overall quality of the speakers.

20. Willz

the speakers are ok, just the actual black thing on front of the speakers rattles a bit, but on the sub, if i turn the bass down, then there is not as much bass.
    another annoying thing is, on some songs, when i turn the volume up full, it seems like the bass gets less, as iff not enough power is going into the sub.