What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Big B, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Calebcross

Calebcross Geek Trainee

I was playing Star Wars Galaxies for a while. Picked up WOW for 8 months. Went back to Swg and then When it died I started Playing BF2 (Battlefield), way, way too much. lol My computer is dead and Im waiting for tax return to get a new one. Should be here on the 17th :)

2. Spyder

Spyder Geek Trainee

I'm paying CivIV, RON Gold edition, EVE-online all PC
    I'm playing God of War..on God mode..and Warriors from time to time on PS2.
    Haven't picked up my psp in months..don't know why.

3. Wouter

Wouter Big Geek

Just stopped playing Guild Wars.

Have been replaying The Longest Journey.

4. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Just finished Battle Out of Hell, not a bad expansion really. Nearly finished Condemned, on Chapter 8 out of 10. Playing DoA4 as well as Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

You lucky man you:) You've got all those games at your fingertips to seeing as you work around those titles. I envy you!
    I enjoyed the origional Painkiller but never bought the expansion as I heard it was more of the same? Though I must say the auto stake gun looks like a ton of fun.

6. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Ahhh...Painkiller..so much gory fun. I did truely love that game, even though it was repetitive at times..

Never bothered with the expansion, though. As Exfoliate mentioned, it sounded like more of the same. The only new things were some new creatures (not bad), an auto stake-gun (!!!!) and some JUMPING PUZZLES (w00t! My favorite!). I would have liked to see how the main character got out of the predicament he was in at the end of the first game...

7. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

War3
    Cs
    Ut2004

Ftw the relative crapiness of my gfaming chioces is mainly due to my not so good system

8. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

It's not an auto-stake gun. It just fires 5 stakes at once with no gravity effect, it comes with a scope making it a perfect sniper rifle too. But the secondary fire is mayhem... releasing 10 bouncy grenades AT ONCE... madness. The Submachinegun/Flamer is nice though, can take down most enemies in one hit with the machine gun part.

Ex, put it this way, I'm getting the new Ghost Recon game on the release date, it just so happens my pay day falls on every other friday, friday is new-release day so there's a 50% chance I'll have a decent game every paycheck. :D

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Niiice! That's must be nirvana right there, a brand new game every other week. Now that I've heard you're take on it I do want the expansion, I say a cool screenie with a big ol' tank a rubble and then one with a crazy nurse bad wielding a needle. Good times.

10. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Getting the 10 new Black Tarot cards is a nice challenge too. Some range from easy(ish) like the first level, do not get hit once. To Medium, keeping your health above 50. To downright hard, morphing into Demon Form exactly 5 times. It continues with the storyline though, although there are only two FMVs in the whole game. The design of the levels is so well-done and the last level... just... wow. Amazing design there.

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up dude. I'll hopefully go on a game binge once a finish SanAndreas (got it for PS2 yesterday).

12. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

No problem, man. :)

Oh and you can add 5 more games to my list.
    Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Stubbs the Zombie (all for xbox) and ICO for PS2. :p

13. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sweet, I got Chronicles of Riddick awhile back for PC but apparently it really needed at least service pack 1 or 2 so it just wasn't possible to play it:(

14. Merlin

Merlin Geek Trainee

I have just finnished FEAR, so I went and bought Call of duty 2. Battlefield 2 as always ;)

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sweet dude, after you finish up those I suggest you go check out Brothers in Arms 1 and 2 if you haven't already.

16. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I agree, Brothers in Arms has got to be the most realistic WWII game I've ever seen or played, it's so involving and the choices you make affect if you squad lives or not.

17. Wouter

Wouter Big Geek

Just bought Grim Fandango. Supposed to be a classic for adventure games. Can't wait to try it.

18. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

It's a great adventure game, very good storyline, the control system is a little hard to get to grips with. Though if you enjoy that style then try Escape From Monkey Island.

Also... just got REALLY scared at Condemned... near the end of Chapter 8... oh my god... if anyone has gotten that far, they will know what I mean... in the locker.

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Unfortunately I think you may be the only one on the board with a 360, to my knowledge anyway. I know a lot of us US members couldn't get to the head of the line in time:( Oh well one of these days I'll remember this post as I discover the horrors in the locker...

20. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Not surprisingly there's more people at work with 360's than without. In fact I think the only people I know with 360's are the people I work with, which is kinda cool in a way when I have friends over and they see my 360 in my room. May only be a Core system but it does rule.