What do i need to go wireless?

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by bigelvis, Nov 27, 2005.

1. bigelvis

bigelvis Geek Trainee

Hi guys first posting on here, can anyone tell me what i need to set up a wireless connection please?
    Pc in living room just now but im being sent out of here due to the other half deciding its unsightly having a pc in here lol,
    Please keep it simple and links would be handy too, oh yeah and one more thing, i have a 1mb connection and will be going onto a 2 mb connection soon so whatever needs to be compatible both ways ( not sure if that makes any difference)
    Thanks in advance guys
    Big Elvis

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

3. Addis

Addis The King

You connect the router to your modem via the ethernet connection, and then the PC with the wireless NIC will connect to the wireless network, allowing internet access.

4. bigelvis

bigelvis Geek Trainee

ok firstly thanks guys, and secondly, just to be a real pain, any chance of you looking at this site and telling me again as im in the uk?

http://www.autdirect.co.uk/

thanks again

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ah, my bad, fortunately the same products should be available at ebuyer for sure.

7. bigelvis

bigelvis Geek Trainee

Hi guys me again, can some one look at this and tell me if its what i need please?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=77141

just to recap, one phone socket in house so need something there to send my broadband wirelessly to pc which will be in another room with no connecting wires, and its the only pc in the house.

Thanks for the help up to now , if this is no good then can some one look at ebuyer for me and pick out what i need, sorry for being so thick with all this.

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Nice dude, DLINK makes some great products, I'd wait for others comments on this but I'd say buy it.