What game(s) are you waiting for this year?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Big B, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Me, I'm waiting for Unreal 2: The Awakening. I've not paid attention to as many video games, but I really enjoyed the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. I'm not really into the Quake series as much as some, but I am getting a little excited about Doom III as well.

I don't know if it's coming out this year, but I do believe that a 3rd Serious Sam game is probably in the works, which would conclude the battle with his arch-enemy, Mental.

Other than that, I'm not really excited about other games as much.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Since I heard that the latest Metal Gear Solid will come out on PC, I can't wait! also looking forward to SplinterCell, Doom 3, and Unreal 2: The Awakening :p

3. SweatyGangsta

SweatyGangsta Geek Trainee

i guess im waiting for:
    Rainbow Six 3: Ravens Shield
    Black Hawk Down
    Halo
    and GTA Vite City

4. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I cant w8 for Doom 3 man !!!
    And gta:vice city could be cool 2 if they dont make another buggy copy of the ps/2 version like gta 3 was(although it was pretty fun

And maybe is Sierra FINALLY done with the new countertrike: Condition Zero, I really hope they release it this year

5. SweatyGangsta

Condition zero will definetly be done this year i think in the first or second quater. ive managed to miss all the Doom hype but ill definelty think about getting it when it arrives.

i didnt find gta3 buggy at all. all though it was evil to run on my old gf2. runs sweet on my 9700 pro tho. :D

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

I'd have to say C&C Generals is #1 on my list, Doom 3 I'm still waiting on to see if it's going to be just another tech demo for ID's latest engine like Q3 was or if it's actually going to be a breakthrough game.

7. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Minimum PC requirements...heh. So far I'm good on all my machines...I can run all of my current games well above the bare minimum settings without much of an issue, though 2 boxes have the best graphics cards and aren't in as much danger.

Unreal 2 is supposed to be out Feb 4th, w00t!:chk: Less than 2 weeks. I can't wait!

9. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I ment that the min system requirements of GTA 3 are totally bullsh*t, I wonder if they had even tested on it
    as I said b4 the recommended req werent even enough for some ppl

And I can still run all games smoothly with my GF 3 :) only UT 2k3 really pushes it too its limits
    Unreal 2 out within 2 weeks :D wooohooo I havent played a good single FPS in a long time
    hmmm I can remeber I downloaded a alpha(or beta) of unreal 2 like 1 year ago and it didnt work but damn that was 1 year ago :D so they worked a loooooong time on that game :)
    Do u know if it just runs the UT 2k3 engine ?

they said Doom 3 is made for a gf 3, I bet u that I cant use the graphic setings that suposed to be gf 3 specific cuze of lag :(

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If something isn't running smoothly, it could be a bug of some sort. Rockstar definitely blew that there. I've only seen it played on a PS2, not the PC, so a few glitches in programming may affect the PC more than the PS2, and vise versa.

11. syngod

syngod Moderator

I don't think Vice City will be on the PC in the near future. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Sony has exclusive rights to the GTA franchise for 2 years.

12. phr4gmonk3y

phr4gmonk3y Geek Trainee

Im waiting for Doom III and Halo.

13. SweatyGangsta

vice city should be out around the turn of the year i think.
    Rockstar games got the deal a few months ago i think...