What is wrong with my i7 - 16gb - Nvidia??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Adrian Lopez, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Adrian Lopez

Adrian Lopez Geek Trainee

Hi guys! Good afternoon,

This is my first post here, I was reading lots but I failed.

I have a Windows 7 Dell Precision M4600, it have an Intel i7 @ 2.70ghz, 16 gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro 2000M with 2Gb video, and 500gb hard disc (poor disk I know but I had no choice.. or money by today). All my drivers are up to date from the site of each one and I think this should be a good Computer, maybe is not great, but, I really wish to be able to play some games, use software as Photoshop fluidly or see HD video on it, but I can't.:(

When I try to play League of Legends (for example) I am always the last to load, I set in game the lowest visual efects and even so I can't reach 30 fps, and if the game gets intense the video Frezzes for a while...

Same thing happens when photoshoping, working on a huge canvas it get slow as... :oops:.. or watching a heavy video.. :(

tracking my temperature while playing or PSing it keeps between 110 and 12o °F..

So.. what is wrong with my pc?

If you need some extra information let me know please!

Thank you All! :D

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Probably your laptop has something wrong on either power or temperature side. Also if you haven't done clean Windows reinstall, that may cause many issues, so I'd try that one first. Locate Windows 7 license sticker, did you found it?