What?!?! No Xbox 360 Game!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by diazed129, May 13, 2009.

1. diazed129

diazed129 Guest

Err...so I'm a bit pissed off at the moment mainly because I've been working, going to school, and I'm pretty much tired this semester. I wanted to chill, relax, and play some games, but something freaking stupid happened today that's just drilled into my head. I feel like I'm making a fuss over something so simple, but I was really looking forward to kicking back with a game over the weekend.

I went to Target today to buy Resident Evil 5. After opening the package I find that there is a blank Maxell CD-R instead of the game. WHAT!?!?! I figured that maybe Target would make an exception to their policy and exchange it, but they didnt. They just told me to contact both Xbox and Capcom to see if either can help since it's the manufacturer's fault. I asked for them to return my receipt and the lady ends up losing it! She stapled my receipt to another customer's receipt. I just got pissed and told them why don't they give me another game and handle the situation with the manufacturer because I cant do squat without a receipt. I also wasnt in the mood to make phone calls and wait on the line knowing that I'm going to have to mail the item in. Finally they check through their system and was able to print out a copy since I paid with a check card.

I decided to call Xbox first to see what they say. I wasnt sure if the rep would even believe me because she kept asking me over and over what I was calling for. At one point I thought she was ridiculing me with sarcasm because she laughed and said that there was a situation where some lady bought her daughter a DS and found rocks in there. Xbox tells me to call Capcom, which makes sense of course.

When I called Capcom they tell me that I need to send the item to them and write a letter. Ughh! I really dont feel like doing all that right now and waiting weeks for it to come .

Shouldn't Target be able to help me out with this? I did call there 1800 #, which was another # Target suggested that I call. The Target customer service rep just told me that he was surprised that Target didnt resolve the issue. He then just gave me another freaking # to call and said that whoever the heck picks up should be able to help.

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Dude, I feel for you but unfortunately it is down to you to do the leg work here. Otherwise, Target and MS don't give a toss.... :(

Personally, I would read Target's terms and conditions to see who is responcible in case of a faulty item. In any case, I think it should be down to Target to look after you as their customer.

Read their T&C and demand to see the store manager. If their T&C says they need to look after you, you can land them in all kind of crap.

On the other hand if the T&C say you need to deal with MS.... well there you go...

Bottom line - it is down to you and do not deal with anyone but the highest you can get! Where are you based? The UK have quite an effective body called the 'Citizen's Advice Beuro' who can help...

3. alexcmia

alexcmia Geek Trainee

People browse through, replace games with blank CD-Rs.

First thing you should do is return the damn thing. If that don't work, fine, call your credit card company. Hopefully you have American Express.

Now, I don't understand exactly why would anyone buy games or software? Get a chip newbie.

4. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

errrmmmm this may be your opinion but people develop these so they normally make a living out of it. If you do not want to pay for games/software get free ones or open source ones, not pirated ones!

Please be careful, this site does not promote/condone piracy. I am confident the moderators will see this the same way as I do...

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, there's a lot of retail operations that have people making up BS about a product being defective in order to rip them off, so unfortunately, Target is probably acting to ensure this doesn't happen. While it shouldn't happen, I suppose it can happen. However, this is probably much rarer than people trying to rip off a company, especially one that doesn't sell used products.

Either way, read the return policy, as I would at the very least expect them to swap defective software for the same item.