What Punishment Should Virus Creators Be Slapped With?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pelvis_3, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XaviarCraig

XaviarCraig Guest

I never said that, I just want it to be a place where its a free for all. If you dont know how to defend your self, either play it safe and learn how to be defensive while you are on the internet or dont use it at all.

*sigh* Sorry I am just getting alittle too pissed because I think its completely ridiculous to have any rules what so ever on the internet, It just doesnt feel right.

I just want computers and the internet to be reserved(if you will) for people who are smart enough to properly use them. I get soo sick and tired of watching people stumble around on them and complain about it when they do stupid ****.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Thats also descrimination against those who aren't as tech savvy as us. Think about it, do you really think that we would have so much e-commerce if the only people who used it were the people who knew computers inside out? The reason the internet is so rich is because so many people use it. The view of the internet as a free for all would also mean that there would be no order, if the crackers had no punishments for illegal activities, then nothing would deter them. Its also impossible to go after all of the crackers and get them back, what does that prove? They do it back to you. Where does it end? Not everyone can be as tech savvy as us, and that shouldn't stop them making use of the useful resource.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Addis you've hit the nail on the head, the modern wodl wouldnt be the same without the internet, buisiness would be as big and the internet is possibly one of the greatest things, it may have its problems but so does everything else

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

B, I totally agree with you. I also seriously doubt we'll see much security improvement in Vista, as it's only NT5.2 a very slight upgrade over Windows XP, aka NT5.1. In other words, very little change in the core of the OS. I think MS is relying on the trusted computing platform to a be magic bullet for security so they won't have to do a rewrite. IMO, it won't be enough. Certain prominent security groups have already forseen loopholes in this new technology which can be exploited in the future. As much as I hate to say it, I can picture MS writing their next OS based on existing Unix code (some BSD with a dash of GNU?), much the same as Mac OS X.

By the way, XaviarCraig is banned for a week. :)

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Some very good points in this thread..perhaps if it gets cleared up from the abuse, it would make an interesting sticky.

[ot]And that Xavier guy..man what a freaking weirdo..I've never seen him before and he suddenly appears and gets all fired up before getting extinguished.

Madness.[/ot]

6. Anti-Trend

You guys did pretty well tearing up his flimsy arguments though. I got some good laughs in on this one, thanks. :)

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

its okay, i've just never heard anything so stupid, seriously its the same principal as not having Police (the security programs/hardware that we pay for or dont need to if you're on linux) to protect out homes/livelyhood (our computers) and if someone robs (hacks/cracks) your house (computer) then you should go and rob (hack/crack) them back...its just so :swear: stupid

8. Anti-Trend

Apply his argument to cars. "Everybody knows you have to replace the brakes, drivetrain, steering column, and fuel tank on the MS Vistamobile Mk VIII, or it'll explode! You can't drive it stock, retard... Duh!!! Get under the hood and get cracking, granny! It's not gonna fix itself!"

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

HA brilliant, nice one AT, amen for admins!
    *bows down*

10. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

You should get a load of yourself!
    If the internet was for tech savvy people only the internet would CRUMBLE into peices!
    There are hundreds of millions of people out there that are only just starting out on the net and will all learn in time on how to protect themselves!
    It's not entirely the users fault for getting attacked by virii or spyware, yes they play a part in the role for not knowing good security practices but the idiots that write virii should be fined and imprisoned! Simple as that!

Even though i didn't want this thread to turn into an argument i praise all users and admins who stood up for the opinions!
    Greatly Appreciated :)

11. Xaviar_Craig

Xaviar_Craig Guest

***I Am BANNED***

12. Anti-Trend

Nice. You've created a new user account to circumvent our ban. Now I've had to waste my time banning your *new* account permanently. Freaking genius, this one. You have two choices: either ride out your 1 week ban, and at that time keep yourself civil, or don't bother coming back. If I see another account created from your IP, you'll be blacklisted.

Talk about wearing out your welcome... sheesh.

-AT

P.S. - Your fly is down. Seems you are running an ancient & highly insecure beta version of Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 ...brilliant. Maybe you should look after your own security?

13. X4v14rCr416

X4v14rCr416 Guest

I never thought you of all people would give me such a nice comment!

I think I will choose option #3 :

Keep coming here, while changing my proxy IP, so you can never fully ban me!

I use what works for myself, this version of firefox works so I use it, why should I upgrade if there is no need to?

lets have some fun!
    tool!

EDIT: you still havent told me the rule that I broke!

14. Anti-Trend

Works for me. It takes me a lot less time to ban you than it takes you to sign up. This does testify to the quality of your character though, doesn't it? Pathetic.

15. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

rofl, judging by the attitudes, word choices, and software it's a noob in the prime of his youth.

just to let you know, this is the first occurance of this sort in years of this site's history. you're all alone and just making a fool of yourself.

16. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

We can also get ahold of your ISP, or wherever your e-mail address is from and take it up with them. And to be honest, I don't give a damn who's providing it. We will NOT put up with continual harrassment by you or anyone else.

If you do not like it here, stay the hell off this forum. Instead of quietly contacting another admin to look into the situation, you've come back and make a huge ordeal out of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.