What to buy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thomas234, Apr 1, 2008.

1. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I've earnt about £350 over the Easter Holidays, and can't decide what to do with my money. The obvious thing to do is put it in my bank and save it, but that's boring :D .

Any suggestions what I should buy? So far I've thought of:

Network Attached Storage - Nahhhhh boring
    Sigma 10-20mm HSM Nikon Fit Lens - No because £300 too expensive for a lens
    8800GTS - Nope only just built a new PC with 2 8600GT's

2. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

you can sell the two 8600GT and get your self a 9800GX2 that would kill any game out there and it would probably eat your PSU alive lol you need somthing like 700 - 800 watt PSU for it :doh:

Also if you have a girlfriend why not spend some of it on her?

If it was me i would go and piss it away on a dabo table lol (only treki people will get that)

If i think of anything else will let you know

3. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I'm not spending £350 on a 9800GX2!! Spending some on my girlfriend idea is good... but I've no idea what to get her!!??

4. zeus

zeus out of date

id stick it in an a&l premier direct current account and start saving for a mortgage! Who knows, by the time your 30 you might have enough for a deposit!.... or an isa. I think you have to be 21 to bank with a&l.

5. Pimp

lol forget women the 9800GX2 will out last any women lol jks but if you insist on spending some money on your gf then i suggest you get her something romantic, such as chocolate flowers a small gift etc :)

6. Pimp

nice idea but i don't think a 16 yr old is gonna think about investing in the future lol

7. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Oi! :D I have a bank account with SOME money in it, which is more than I can say for others!

A 9800GX2, as nice as I'm sure it is, will not be very useful, as I barely play games on our PS3, and even less on the PC. And the way things are going, yes a 9800GX2 probably will last longer :D

8. Pimp

aww bless lol but if you wanna spice things up with your gf then do the romantic thing (wot ever that is :doh:)