What's best MP3 player around?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by matttibb, Dec 22, 2004.

1. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Im getting a 20gb Ipod for chrimbo but i was wonderin what people think the best mp3 player is?

2. Addis

Addis The King

I heard the Creative MuVo2 players are good. not as much storage but at least not moving parts are there to be damaged.

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I got a Creative Labs Rhomba, 256mb. Whilst not as much memory as an iPod, its a lot smaller, and really stylish. Takes a lot of beatings as well, I've dropped it down a flight of concrete steps before, still works.

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Ipods r most popular but I have a Creative (forget the model number) which hols 20gb and i prefer it to my cousins ipod its easier to use and I think it looks better and it smaller.

5. Addis

Addis The King

I threw my Sagem my-X2 a few times on the pavement and it only picked up a scatch on the back. I like durable stuff.

6. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

My ipod arrived today, I didn't notice. Not allowed it till christmas though :mad: hehe

7. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I don't like iPods. Creative one's are better, more GB for less money. Batteries last longer too

8. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

I was going to look about online for better mp3 players because i heard ipods wern't the best but i couldn't b arsed :) Ipod will do me

9. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Well u got ipod now ;)

10. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Well done Apple, ipod kicks ass :)

11. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

My Mini pwns :p

12. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

I bought a logic 3 speaker thing for my ipod. Its class

13. Someone28624

Someone28624 Big Geek

I have the 20gig Dell DJ Gen 1. I love it! My sister got the 20 gig one Gen 2, and it's more stylish than mine, but mine will do.

14. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Would there really be any difference in sound quality between say Creative and Apple's products for instance? I see reviews on newegg saying, man this thing sounds way better than my ipod. Or is it all in the ear buds?

15. ninja fetus

iPods aren't good. well they're good if you like to stare at your player while you're changing songs. The scroll thing is horrible.

16. Fred

Fred Moderator

I think Xmms and Amarok work just fine for my mp3s. And if I'm going somewhere, I put a cd of mp3s in my cd player in the car. Yeah, that works just great for me.

17. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

i like the iRiver mp3 players or the archos av series movie/music players...

18. ninja fetus

I just use my 128mb creative muvo. Solid state :)
    good battery life and no need for a usb cable and it also can survive the deep depths and swirlings of a washing machine. motorola makes a 5gig player that's cheaper than the iPod mini by a lot.

19. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah i have an ipod mini and they're nothing special anymore, irivers are sleek and stylish and have extra functions (colour screen on miniature version, radio, mic as well i think)

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah that motorola looked pretty good. I belive iAudio makes some pretty slick products too.