Whats the worst type of FAT???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pimp, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Hi

I want to know what is the worst type of fat one can eat??

I always thought it was saturated fats that were the worst but now i understand that Unsaturated is pretty bad and also hydrogenated too :doh: so which fat is really bad im guessing all of them are but which one is worst.

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

According to the Boston Globe and other sources - Trans Fats are the worst.

"...a now-ponderous stack of research has shown that trans fats raise heart disease risk four to five times more sharply than do saturated fats. Trans fats both raise "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, and cause "good" cholesterol, or HDL, to drop, while saturated fats only raise LDL. Moreover, trans fats are linked to ailments such as diabetes and dementia..."
    - Boston Globe

Good Fats: Monounsaturated Fats, Polyunsaturated Fats
    Bad Fats: Saturated Fats (bad), Trans Fats (worse)
    - www.healthcastle.com

3. Pimp

Yeah thanks for the info i always new Trans fats were really bad but not to that extreme, anyways i eat a lot of fish and oils that have polyunsaturated and monounsaturated and keep off the other bad fats so I'm safe.

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Yeah, i think i'm pretty safe as well i eat healthy.
    It's too bad, though, my favorite candy bar (snickers), has 4g of saturated fat.
    It does however have 2g of Polyunsaturated Fat and 5g of Monounsaturated Fat :p

5. Pimp

That's because peanuts contain good fats,

i really like dark chocolate that's good for you as it contains less sugar and fat then other choco