Whats Up Hf

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Swansen, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Whats down, people of the hardware forums.

edit,for undersandability, whats down meaning, whats up, whats going on.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

You mean floor or roof? Sky or Earth?

Actually, if its a serious question then I totally misunderstood....

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Not much mate not much at all....I have a free till the end of the day so Im basically sat in the IT centre doing jack all because I cant go home early because the bloody bus only comes at like 16.10...wooo...not. So just randomly browsing the net.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's what's nice about owning a car, but then again, in the US, it's almost a requirement...that, and the times I go to work, public transportation isn't running.

Verizon had a nice deal going on-line, so I just sprang for a new plan and phone with them.

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

sweet, i'm doing massive amounts of pointless homework and/or browsing net as to not to home work, oh yes and send in in my step up card through ups.

6. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Well, my news for the day are that I just ordered 2 wireless routers (one for my apartment I share with 2 roomies right next to my university and the second for my parents' house) after FINALLY making my decision. I felt really lost and unknowledgeable about routers in general so I read a few guides i came across on the 'net, including Tom's Hardware Routers Need to Know (was a fairly nice article btw, if anyone is in same situation as I) and a few other articles. That took a while to not only read but also comprehend. I also dug through like 200 reviews of different routers sold at an online retailer, slowly narrowing the choices down. And then I sat in indecision for like a day lol. But now it's done, and it feels good to get that out of the way! Except that it's not really out of the way 'cuz now I'll have to set them both up which is still completely new to me... (I didn't set anything up on my previous [wired] router at all LOL; it worked just from plugging it in and calling my ISP so I just left it on its own)

Anyway, now I still need to get a WinXP Pro off ebay ... Those @*%&*!!%$%!(%*! idiots keep buying them at like $120! And I'm talking about OEM ones, not even boxed. How the hell did Exfoliate get one for 85 and Unseen for 15?? Why is there all this demand for it now anyway?? Vista is about to come out; I'd think demand would be lowest now. I just wanna shoot these people. I dont wanna pay more than like $100, that's lame!

7. Karanislove

:devil: :guns: UnSeEn & Exfoliate

:good:

8. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

lol!

Are u just joking around or did u misunderstand a (badly written) version of my post which I then edited? (I usually end up editing my posts 2-3 times lol) Actually, I meant the people at ebay who are willing to pay $120 and higher for a WinXP. Not our dear forum members!

But on second thought, thanks for shooting those 2 anyway! I'm kinda jealous of them at the moment so serves 'em right! :good:

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well on newegg i think OEM windows xp are like 130-120 so thats crazy e-bay is in the 150's

10. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

The ones on ebay that are selling off for like 150 are the boxed ones, that is, retail not oem. Retail ones (in a box) on newegg are like $280. I have no idea why people would pay more when its in a box instead of oem (either way they're factory sealed), but still, at least they're getting it like $100+ cheaper than newegg would be. For the OEM ones, however, there's hardly any savings if I were to win it 'cuz they keep selling for like $120 :blahha: :blahha: :blahha:

11. Karanislove

:alarm: :soldier::soldier::soldier::soldier::soldier:
    :soldier::soldier::soldier::soldier:

12. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

You can get an OEM copy of Windows Media Center for around £80 on eBuyer. Media Center Edition is basically Windows XP Pro with extras

13. thoonie

thoonie hmmm....

Mine is retail, i broke the CD, phoned MS got a replacement for £25.00. Ive done this 3 times now, with OEMs you dont get that kind of service at all. Thats the difference.

14. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

dang so like $180 or $160 for you guys

15. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Ohh. I see.

Lol, I guess u made a really smart decision getting the retail one then ... do u use it as a frisbee or something? Or perhaps u just smash it every time windows crashes on ya? :p