Whats with the logo?

Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by Addis, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Addis

Addis The King

i'm not being funny or anything but whats with teh Z365 logo? Its a pair of eyes with Zone 365. Surely it could be better. The Forums logo is ok but the zone's a bit plain.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's just to subtly remind people that we know who they are, where they live, and where they're going. Hehehe....

Seriously, it was just something that was simple and unflashy. If you've got a simple logo idea that's better, post it. Simple is the key, not some wild "OMFG! Teh webseit is teh rox0r!!111!!!" flashing neon.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Right I'll start on some new ideas...

4. Addis

Addis The King

ok here's one. I'm in the Zone today...

Attached Files:

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

isn't that just a rip off of the [Hard]Cop or whatever logo??? :D

I designed a *gif with, well, flashy neons but for some reason it didn't play on the forum. I'll try again later. m

6. Addis

Addis The King

How did you guess!
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. Albert Einstein. Guess I'm not very creative then...

7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

hehe.

You could always take the current logo, create a new layer and use the rainbow gradient and "Difference". Then just go crazy and then do something else.

That would be pretty "neonic".

8. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

My two cents...

Attached Files:

9. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

pretty good

save it as a jpeg next time and just upload that, lol

You don't need to use a word doc each time :good:

10. Addis

Addis The King

Thing is a dark, freaky logo like the HardOCP one doesn't suit the light colours of the site.

11. Egaladeist

Never checked the site...but ya...it doesn't work! But Zone365 is a contrast itself with a white and baby-blue template yet dark images of Half-life and what looks like demons.
    :)

Attached Files:

12. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

The logo wasn't made for zone365.com but a shopping site, the design was a compentition which I held and people entered in their site designs.

Zone365.com doesn't get as much attention as it could do because we tend to concentrate on HWF all the time.

But whenever I get time I'm working on zone365.com but it should slowly improve in the next year.

As of now I am programming a front/backend in php/mysql program to manage the site

13. Egaladeist

I'm not sure what Zone365 is suppose to be...right now, and correct me if I'm wrong...it looks like a game zone ( for multi-player online games e.g. half-life2 )with a content brief-overveiw of this forum. The light friendly colors contrast sharply with the dark images of villians, victims, war zones, demonic faces, and your standard fare of blood, guts, and gore...making it difficult to decide upon what would be an appropriate logo...are we going for light and airy or dark n' mysterious? :D :good:

14. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Personally, I've always felt Z365 has been a site that would cater to geeks in general, and one thing we do besides simply hardware reviews is anime reviews. There's very few sites (I can think of two besides ourselves) that review this stuff besides hardware. It's kind of a niche market, but it's growing, although much of the conissour's for the stuff are still geeks in some sort of way, and probably because a primary staple happens to involve big robots (I've always loved robots).

As far as colors...I find that a light background is easier to read off of than vise versa.
    Now, I will give [H]ard|OCP credit for making a dark color scheme work well. I don't really think we thought three years into the future as far as design goes. The new system Sniper's working on should make things a bit more uniform...although most of it you probably won't notice since it's more in the background and not cosmetic changes.

Zone365: It's a Geek Thing

15. Egaladeist