which forum style do you use?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Sniper, Apr 20, 2005.

?

Which style do you like?

1. Dark Blue

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Light Blue

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah I agree, but since I'm on every day and never log out I don't have to change anything.

2. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

I've always used dark blue but for the purposes of this thread I tried light blue - it lasted about 30 seconds! The contrast of dark blue works better on my laptop screen, light blue looked too clinical.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I've heard that too, though I use CRTs both at work and home. Maybe the theme toggle should be called 'CRT-Optimized' and 'LCD-Optimized' :) I should probably make a desaturated version of the HF logo to match the dark blue theme if it really looks that much better on LCDs.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thanks for the feedback again :) I have to go work now but when I come back I will respond...

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Yeh its possble, and it does look better imho, the dark one is like "wow, too much going on" kind of.

6. do50

do50 Big Geek

I liked the light blue, but I'm used to this now, and with a laptop light/dark is pretty relative.

7. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Were pretty much split on this, I've tested it on CRT it looks good; the light blue doesn't seem to look as good as the dark blue.

You really need to view dark blue on LCD to see how good it looks. I think giving the user the option to change is good enough.

I might give it a go for a week to at the start of June so see if it appeals to guest more. I know dark blue is much preferred design/colour wise.

Then again its personal preference really.

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

well i just accidetally cleared my cache/cookies/history/saved form information, stupidly. Only meant to clear cache, but what the hell.

I've know decided I like the dark blue one more... :confused:

and i just noticed on the dark blue, all teh "edit sig, edit avatar" links have gone!