Why bash Google?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sabashuali, Nov 16, 2006.

1. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hi all

Came across these two links -

Google Watch
    Scroogle

WTF? :confused:
    Is Google evil or is this dedicated to just plain, jelous, success bashing?
    :dry:

2. Addis

Addis The King

Google is not evil. They are a publicly traded company who offer free search and blogging services. Revenues are generated by per-click adverts in which the user chooses to click.

I don't know why there is all this bashing, the guy seems to make it sound as if we're all paying a high price for this Google service and we should be getting a lot more from it.

If you think Google is bad, why not create a site about the flaws of Microsoft? Now that'll need a big ass web server. The writer is entitled to his opinion, but IMO it seems unnecessary and he needs to get out a bit more, if you don't like Google then f*ck off and use MSN search.

Edit: I also don't agree with the attacks on Wikipedia and wikipedians. wtf?

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

A recent university study found that a vast majority of users with an IQ/education level which was above average preferred Google as their primary search engine. Google and Yahoo had a near-even even split on those of average disposition, and MSN had the majority of low-IQ/uneducated people. Maybe this guy was in the latter category? ;)

4. geek9pm

geek9pm Geek Trainee

Hey I like Google. Have you used the ned Google Desktop? It is very nice.
    :good: :good:

5. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

And I'm more than Happy with my GMail :D

Google make there profit by offering there services for free, i/you can find just about anything using google... dam them for allowing us that possibility!

This Guy's also having a bash a Mozilla.... Mozilla Foundation evades taxes on its Google windfall, guess why? because Google is the default search engine... i WANT it to be the default! and even if i didn't, doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to change it