Windows M.E

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by megabytes, Jun 17, 2007.

1. megabytes

megabytes Geek Trainee

Does anybody know if windows m.e will boot from the cd as my xp disc as seen better days and won't boot anymore:(

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

no, the first bootable Win CD was XP SP1 although you can make a CDr boot a install 98 automatically so i presume it will work on Me i think i extracted the boot sector from a boot floppy and just copied it to a CDr with the \Win98 folder copied from my original 98 SE CD, try extracting the boot sector from a WinMe boot floppy and put the boot sector & the \Win9x folder on a CDr & see if it works

BTW: only make one copy of your WinMe CD to stay within the terms of the license aggreement

Edit: i cant remamber what i used to extract the boot sector

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Windows M.E is the drive letter and (setup) only.. And Windows 2000 is the First Windows bootable CD...

4. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

you should be able to download the bootable floppy or cd discs from microsoft's site. need around 6 floppy disks i think and it takes about 7-10mins loading:dry:

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Windows & Me only takes 1 boot disk.. And If Windows & Me came out on Floppy disk,Then it would take about 30 of them.. Windows 95 was the only one too come out on floppy disks, and there are 25 of them..