Windows Service Pack 2 download problems.......!!!

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Technophobe, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Technophobe

Technophobe Geek Trainee

Unable to download Windows Service Pack 2. I go through the motions but it just says installation was unsuccessful! No bloomin reason WHY it was unsuccessful!
    I have JUST reformatted my hard drive cos of this and a few other problems but it still wont install!

Any ideas PLEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?

:swt:

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Sounds rather strange, first off, reboot and make sure that you have all the latest video drivers / graphics drives / motherboard chipset e.t.c

Now reboot. Try install XP Sp2 again, if it does not work again, then forget about it and download this:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

It's rather large it weighs in at : 272Mb

However this should sort your problem, XP SP2 would not install on one my home machines for some reason so i downloaded that, and it was fine.

If this doesn't work, post these things please:
    Make of your computer (ie: Dell, Self Built, Tiny, HP e.t.c)
    Hardware: motherboard, memory (if self built)

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

If that doesn't work u cud always send for the free cd off microsoft. Howeva itdoes take weeks to arrive.

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

or go get a pc magazine, u can usually find them with XP SP2 cd's free with the mags still..

5. Addis

Addis The King

You could try to slipstream SP2 with an existing XP cd and do a fresh install from there. Before that you can try to do a fresh install of windows through repair and then try SP2 install incase it was a duff Windows that was causing the problem.

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

If you get SP2 via Automatic Update, the file is only about 70Mbm which is a lot easier to get.

Technophobe likes this.
  7. Technophobe

Technophobe Geek Trainee

Thank you sooooo very much, sorted now - bloody thing has a mind of its own! :sick:

PS ProcalX tried to give u some rep pts but it told me to spread myself around first. Hmmmm.............. :swt: